Thursday, January 31, 2019

I think I am slowing down with the cold temps!

As a matter of fact....I just realized my furnace isn't working!  I've called them but knowing how things work around here I expect to spend a cold night.  There's electric but no heat.  It was working all day but I noticed it was getting a bit chilly. I thought it was just because the sun went down....lol!  Here I was praying for everyone's furnaces to keep working up North.  Still, better me than them as it going to stay above freezing tonight for the first time in a week or more....34 F....I am the lucky one!
So, yesterday I made sourdough English muffin dough that needed to proof so I made them this morning.........I keep my starter and the dough for the muffins on top of my frig as it is the warmest place in my kitchen........
  The dough looked really good....this is the best starter I have ever had..............
Unfortunately I made them too big but I'll get better with practice.  I used coconut oil for the first time and it doesn't make things taste like coconut but imparts a really delicious flavor along with the sour dough.........
They don't look like much but they are delicious.....hopefully I will improve my sourdough skills with time but so far everything has tasted wonderful.....much more flavorful than my regular dough products.....I'm hooked on sour dough for sure! 
I cleaned another bookcase out too for Konmari and took a picture but it didn't show up.....the leprechauns must be playing havoc with me today!
At least I have electric but no electric blanket.....maybe a heating pad will help.  Nitty has the electric heater out in the garage and I'm not taking that away from her.  I guess I'd better go make a fire in the fireplace as there hasn't been a call back yet. 
Take care and I pray none of your furnaces or ac go out!
Happy Trails!!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope you hear from them soon. Layers, layers layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes a heating pad! I made a corn bag...just a flannel bag filled with corn from the feed store and sew it up, heat it in the microwave for 3 minutes and then I wrap it in a blanket and put my feet on it...soon I am toasty warm:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our power stayed on, but in Michigan a gas company had a fire or something, and all residents with that gas were told to turn down their furnace to 65 below in this cold blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drat! Sorry to hear about your furnace. Hopefully it is all fixed now, and keeping you warm!
    Your sourdough sounds like such a great idea... I kept sourdough going so many years ago, but I think I'd like to give it a try again one of these days.
    Thanks so much for your thoughts and kind comments on my post!
    Years ago, I worked doing receiving for a company, and one winter it was so cold, it stayed below zero for weeks. I think during that cold snap, I froze my blood..LOL! Everytime I had to open big bay doors for semi's and let that cold air in. Anyway, I just am such baby when it comes to being cold anymore. The older I get, the harder winters are on me. I can always cool off... a/c, a cold lemonade, a swim, fishing at the lake, etc.. but I have lost my ability to warm up once it gets so cold:)
    I'm looking forward to complaining about the heat...LOL!!

    Have a happy weekend, and enjoy dejunking. I've been working on the Konmari method as well, modified a bit for us.

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you stayed warm last night and get it fixed today! I'm sure they are busy working on heaters and furnaces right now! Your sourdough breads sure look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why, but furnaces have a habit of going whacko during very cold spells. And, of course, air conditioners during the hottest part of summer! Hope yours turns out to be an easy fix. (Gotta keep that sour dough starter warm!) Good thing your temperature was up from the coldest you've been experiencing. Times when I've felt cold in the house I do something like vacuuming and that warms me up fast. (Need the power to be on for that though. :o( )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can almost smell that delicious bread over here... YuMMmO
    Hope your furnace is repaired quickly too.
    And I would LoVe to have you join in FNwF at any time. I have a few stitchers from O/S so anytime over the weekend really is fine. It just gets us together... xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed this post too!!!!!!!

    That makes 2 of us, who did.

    Wonder why?

    ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!