Sunday, September 16, 2018

YOP Week #12


I spoke too soon last week....it's been in the high 80's and low 90's...go away summer!  I am forging ahead with Fall and Halloween plans regardless.  I've spent a lot of time on the Internet this week!  And I updated my Ravelry Projects page...finally.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are my goals from last week:

1)  Merry Monday XS - We have a FINISH!  Unless you count the finishing into an ornament which to me is a whole other project! LOL!  I will wait until I have all the ornaments done for this year before I 'finish' them.  I have the next ornament pattern and it is a wreath with the Chicago Cub's insignia and that is for Uriah. It will be 'kitted up' this week and hopefully started. I need to find an Iowa Haweye pattern for Sam.  The one below is Seven Pines (all information is on my Ravelry project page) and is for Grayson for his 2018 Christmas ornament.  He loves the color pink so when I saw the pink in it I knew it was for him!

2)  continue working on toe-up socks - I did a bit on these but I have a really sore finger...........Miss Peeps got the fatty part of my index finger which I use a lot when I knit....like a finger prick at the lab!  She could get a job there!  Anyway, she didn't mean it....she was going after a plastic bag I had in my hand.....so I didn't knit much this week.
   3)  Start the second half of the Falling Leaves scarf (20 rows of 80) - I did start the 2nd half of the scarf but had to refresh my memory on the knitted cast on and have only gotten about 3 rows done.....you've seen it enough! LOL!
4)  Cut material for next pickle dish - Yes...finally I cleared off my cutting mat and got these cut out to work on in the evenings..........
Here's a closer photo of the fabrics.......the light one will be the center and then the flowered and then the dark red........
 5) work on Witchy Wednesday x-stitch - a slow boat to China this one.............
6) work on Fall Friday x-stitch - this one is lovely to work on...........I finished the pumpkin, did a few leaves and some more of the vines...
7) work on Stars and Stripes Saturday x-stitch - I'm done with the main design and now I just have to finish the border...........
8) work on Santa Sunday x-stitch - I finished the sky and now have about 1/3 left of the skating pond...those boots will look like skates when I finish....hopefully! LOL!
9) work on hexies for Pickle Dish block #3 - these will get worked on this week...maybe even tonight.  They're a great t.v. watching project.
10) surprise project even to me! -  It's still a surprise but here's what's on the 'back burner'......... I'm trying to focus and finish..last year my word was 'focus' and this year it is 'finish'.
The Pumpkin MAL started yesterday and I still don't have a project but it may be this..........love!!!
 Then I want to make a Halloween project bag for myself........with this...........and some coordinating fabrics.........and then there's Halloween progress keepers....oh my!  I love retro and/or vintage designs because, to be honest, that was what was "in" when I was little....lol!
I also found this in my stash that will be used for something Halloweenie.........
 I want to make those hats like Becki showed last week for the grands and then some flannel pajama bottoms for them and maybe pillowcases?  My head is swimming with ideas for the holidays!  But I have outside painting and lawn work to do once it cools off a bit so we'll see how far my 'big ideas' get. I did finally trim my Sampler quilt and have the binding material ready to cut..........
I can't tell you how many years this has been sitting around! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are my YOP goals for this coming week:
1)  Merry Monday XS- kit up and start work on Cub's Christmas Wreath
2)  continue working on toe -up socks  
3)  Start the second half of the Falling Leaves scarf (20 rows of 80)
4) work on Witchy Wednesday x-stitch
5) work on Fall Friday x-stitch
6) work on Stars and Stripes Saturday x-stitch
7) work on Santa Sunday x-stitch
8) work on hexies for Pickle Dish block #3
9) Pumpkin MAL - choose and kit up
10) cut binding for sampler quilt

That should do it for this week folks!  I hope you had a wonderful week and enjoyed working on your projects.  Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Trails!!!

12 comments:

  1. I love the material for your bag. So cute. I am going to a textile show next week - who knows what I will come home with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are moving along! I like those hexis you could do a whole quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed seeing all of your progress. Love the fall pumpkin cross stitch. You’re doing so great with all of your plans.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice progress. I posted some crochet work today. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That punchneedle embroidery project!?! LOVE!

    Grayson’s ornament looks great. Those little bits of pink really perk up the greens. And look at your little skater! Well done!

    Why are quilt blocks so much more fun than bindings?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sam :)))
    So nice to catch up with you!! I hope your had a wonderful summer! It's hot again here too, but you know me. :) Your Christmas cross stitch is so wonderfully done, it's beautiful! And I can't wait to see all of your Halloweenie ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I really love the cross stitch projects, and also the Halloween and fall themed projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your so funny, Sam. And so prolific. I love all your different cross stitches. The recipients are going to love what you've made them. That punch needle embroidery picture looks fun. I look forward to seeing it being made! Have a good week, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your stitching is gorgeous, I love it all. And your Halloween fabric is fab, I really hope you get to that project bag.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made goid progress this week. Sorry about that sore finger. Hopefully it gets better this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!