Friday, September 14, 2018

Fantastic Friday

Maybe not for people experiencing Hurricane Florence but here it is sunny and warm.  My prayers go out for their safety and well being.  Meanwhile, here on the homestead, I ran errands yesterday.  Wednesday was Walmart but the vet was closed so Thursday I went out to the highway and filled up my gas tank, then to the vet for Heartgard for Nitty, then Walmart where I picked up a few "treasures"........... 
 I got 3 little mums and an English Ivy for $1 each...........
I bought a Christmas present....yes,  it's time to start planning, making and buying but I can't show that to you but I did buy this....I am a weather geek and a politics geek.....and sports too.  I have read several of Bob Woodward's books and they have all been good ones on various presidents.....I was going to get it on my Kindle app but it was $14 for the ebook......this one I can pass on or sell......... I started it last night but read very little before I turned the light out............
There is a new product that I just discovered at Walmart..........I use 'melties' which are scented wax cubes you put in a 'warmer' specifically designed for the 'melties' and it scents your home or room or where ever you put it.  They have various scents and mine are usually based on the season.  Now they have some out with little scented paper pellets that you can use instead of the wax cubes and they are great!  No mess with the melted wax and trying to dispose of it.  These are absolutely fantastic IMHO.  No muss, no fuss!  They're made by BH&G.  If you like melties you will love these!
 I also received a wonderful surprise in the mail from my grandson Uriah.  He and his Dad and his Dad's girlfriend did some traveling over the summer to the Wisconsin Dells and also to my old haunts in Illinois and they sent me some treasures.  I got a nice note from Uriah and some wonderfully scented soap and bath salts........what a treat!  I sent him a thank you note right away to tell him how much I appreciated it.
  I received my pajamas that I ordered from Macy's...........do you see the price tag on them???  $60!!!
I got them on sale for $13 a pair!  Yippee!  I ordered because they said the sale was ending the next day but you should check it out anyway.....sometimes I think it is programmed to say that for every sale.....if you like them go check it out.  I will let you know how I like them.  I wanted to show them to you before I unpackage them and wash them.  So far, I am really happy with the price and the product!
I did manage to spend a little  time on my Witchy Wednesday Button Eyed Cat cross stitch...it's a slow project on 40 count but I will persevere and hope it's ready by Halloween.......
What have you been up to?
Happy Trails!!!

2 comments:

  1. You did get some very good deals. I have never seen those little paper pellets. I diffuse essential oil’s and really like that, but it’s nice to know about these too. Love your jammies. Who pays $60 for a pair of pajamas? Not me. Your price is much better. Enjoy your Friday my friend.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a great buy on those Jammies! You cannot sew them for 13$ I bet your pattern was almost that much! I have been busy getting ready for a garage sale:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!