Sunday, September 9, 2018

YOP Week #11

Fall must be coming as I am going to bed earlier and sleeping longer...probably eating more too getting ready for hibernation.
Here are my goals from last week:
1)  Merry Monday XS - a little progress...almost done..........
2)  start next sock using Sockmatician's Toe Up pattern......I watched several videos and learned Judy's Magic Cast On and I'm on my way.....





 3)  Start the second half of the Falling Leaves scarf (20 rows of 80) -  This did not get done
4)  Cut material for next pickle dish- this did not get done either....partly because my cutting mat is buried right now....I have decided that on weekends I will do a 15 minute de-clutter of my craft's room each day so this doesn't happen....I hope
5) work on Witchy Wednesday x-stitch - I did the yellow on the left but I will never work on 40 count again!  I will finish this one but no more 40 count!  It's a strain on your eyes even when you can see it and linen is not my favorite....I like even weave but you don't know until you try it.  Back in the old days when I used to cross stitch there was only Aida 14 count that I remember.

6) work on Fall Friday x-stitch -I love working on this and I used hand dyed floss for the pumpkin and I am now in love with 'fancy floss' as Priscilla and Chelsea call all hand dyed floss.  See the variations in color?  It's not worth using on small items as you can't see the gradation but on larger items, like the pumpkin, you definitely see it.

7) work on Stars and Stripes Saturday x-stitch - I did the 'God Bless' on this one.  I do not use a hoop and that makes it much easier to pick up and work on.  Plus, I coffee/tea dyed a big piece of even weave and there's a project in each corner which is also handy.............

8) work on Santa Sunday x-stitch - this one is a real cutie, I think..........

9) work on hexies for Pickle Dish block #3 - sadly this got no love or attention
10)  Order flannel material for pajamas to sew and all required additional supplies - Okay, this was a huge disappointment.  I took my measurements and went online to look for fabric and it would cost me 50-70 dollars to sew my own pajamas per pair.....REALLY?  No wonder we import from China! LOL!  So, I went online and found a sale on some at Macy's and I got 2 pair of flannel pajamas just like I wanted for $36.93 including tax and shipping!  I'll let you know how much I like them after I receive them.  I still have other sewing projects.
I still have not decided on a project for the Pumpkin MAL.  I would have to order yarn for the mittens and I really don't have time to learn a new technique now with garage sale, outside work again and Christmas gift making.  I will try after Christmas.  Plus, I found some yarns that Ineed to use....one is a beautiful handspun that is called Halloween Eve that I have been hoarding for 2 years....I just love looking at it but I can't really leave it 'laying around' with Miss Peeps appetite for yarn!  She doesn't bother yarn once it's knitted into something but in a skein or on the needles?  Watch out!  Her are my fall yarns.  The handspun is a DK weight of 342 yards.....a hat or mittens?  Even most cowls use more that that amount.  I found the cutest pattern for a cowl with orange yarn and spiders hanging from a web.....loved it but it was a kit for $53....you could not buy the pattern separately.....dang it!  The MAL starts the 15th so I had better find something!  Any suggestions of some good patterns for my handspun would truly be appreciated!  It takes a lot of time to look.....not that I mind spending time on Ravelry or Pinterest but I would rather be knitting! LOL!


Here are my goals for this coming week:  (no more than 10 per week as I usually don't even get those done!)
1)  Merry Monday XS
2)  continue working on toe -up socks    
3)  Start the second half of the Falling Leaves scarf (20 rows of 80)
4)  Cut material for next pickle dish
5) work on Witchy Wednesday x-stitch
6) work on Fall Friday x-stitch
7) work on Stars and Stripes Saturday x-stitch
8) work on Santa Sunday x-stitch
9) work on hexies for Pickle Dish block #3
10) surprise project even to me!  

That should do it for this week folks!  I hope you had a wonderful week and enjoyed working on your projects.  Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Labor Day to my U.S. friends!
Happy Trails!!!

5 comments:

  1. You are making some progress. I have been working on some of my projects everyday for a few minutes...I never seem to get much done but I am not bored:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not imagine working on 40 count cloth. Although, when you finish the 49 count you will love the finished product. It will look like a painting.

    Sewing clothes is no longer economical like when we were growing up or raising our children. Even patterns are outrageous unless you find the $1.99 sale at JoAnns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love all of your progress and that “fancy floss” does make a big difference. You are so good at working on so many things.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "surprise project even to me!" What a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well no wonder you are late - look how much you are doing!!! I am so impressed with the variety and beauty of your projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!