Friday, September 21, 2018

Tomorrow is the first day of Fall!!! Are you ready?

I dragged up my Fall decorations (not Halloween....that's a whole separate decorating adventure) from the basement for tomorrow's festivities.....I have my Pumpkin Spice Latte ingredients all set and candles for the celebration...........
There will be more pictures tomorrow!  The rains are coming...thunderstorms and flash flood warnings in some parts but I'll stay in and have a cozy time of it.....perfect Hygge weather and then the AC will go off after the cold front comes through and hopefully we can say good riddance to Summer 2018!
I went to the library hunting down books for some of  the series I'm reading and made lists in a notebook of what I've read and all the books in each series in order...am I anal or what? LOL!
But I do lose track.  I got one book for one series and then a few others that looked interesting......
this is the next one in the Agatha Raisin series by M.C.Beaton.....love these books! They're light hearted mysteries.
  and then I saw this one that looked interesting............
This was a new one and I'm not sure I can or should read it but I must prepare myself for the eventuality of my girls future and mine too!

This was also a new book and it might help with my landscaping issues..........I can only pray it does!
I made a nice comfort meal for myself for the next several days.......meatballs and spaetzle.....an old favorite of mine............I should have taken a picture of the recipe card but I forgot....I'll do that tomorrow or else copy it right onto the blog post...........it's a long recipe and it takes awhile to make but it is so good!
The meatballs could be made ahead of time and they are good with spaghetti and sauce too.......
The spaetzle gave me fits this time.....I must have used a different collander as it would not go through the holes or else I had a pan that would hold the collander above the water...anyway I ended up scooping a bit of the batter on a whisk and stirring it into the boiling water.....much easier and not so messy......it's like homemade noodles.  I would say that the whole dish is like a poor man's beef stroganoff but it does have caraway seed which gives it a distinct flavor that I happen to love.
I also made some gingersnap cookies...these are all Fall favorites of mine...........
In addition earlier in the week I made a Marguerite pizza with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and my fresh basil.............it didn't last long at all!
I am onto the gusset of my toe up sock (1 of 2)....Sockmatician's instructions (which are free if I remember) are the best!  His video of Judy's Magic Cast On is also the best.....he's a great teacher whether written with pictures or video....I highly recommend!
That's all for now folks!  So excited and grateful for all my blessings of my girls, great food, great books and handwork for my hands and my blogging friends of course!  I hope you have a cozy evening and a Hygge weekend doing what makes you most grateful and joyful.
Happy Trails!!!




8 comments:

  1. Fall? What's that? We are still over 100 degrees and it doesn't look like it is gonna break anytime soon.

    Good job on the socks. I was hoping when you went to the basement you would find the lost quilts for the boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! I swear the leprechauns ran away with them! It is a mystery to me but I am sure they are 'buried' in my crafts room somewhere or under a 'pile' of which I have several! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Have fun with your decorating. We’re at the lake for the last time this year and will winterize the trailer tomorrow. We sat outside by the gas fire pit because we’re still under a burn ban on “real” fires. Forest fires are still burning all around us.
    I love spaetzle. My grandma used to make it but I don’t know how she did it. She made all kinds of things from scratch, including cottage cheese. She died before I was old enough to learn her cooking and baking secrets.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, enjoy your last time at the lake. I know it's been a rough summer for your weather and lake time with all the fires. I'm just glad you are safe and I will post the recipe for the meatballs and spaetzle today. I also haven't forgotten about the 4th of July pattern you asked for. I printed it out and then promptly lost it! This is what happens when I 'organize'...i can't find anything! LOL! Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  3. We were supposed to get thunderstorms galore and a temp drop from 90 to 70. Well, the thunderstorms never happened, but it is a little cooler. You are so organized. I am sitting in my jammies Saturday morning wishing I had a pumpkin something coffee, but too lazy to get dressed and drive anywhere. LOL I love how productive you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall is here, it is 30 something degrees...cool. I have a spaetzel maker...I have done the collander thing...it convinced me I needed a new tool! I like to do a cheap cut of steak in the oven and then cover it in brown gravy and serve that over the spaetzel...really good:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!