Saturday, September 22, 2018

It's here!!! Finally, Fall is here!

 This is what it looks like here today except our trees haven't changed color that much yet.  It's a very cozy day and it's only 62 F!  Yippee!!!

I have been doing some decorating............
The pink lights of Summer have been replaced by orange and the fireplace is all set to be lit....maybe tonight? 
If I remember correctly this came off the stovepipe in my kitchen on the farm......F  for Farm and Fall
The 2 gourds are dried by me years ago....I used to grow gourds in my garden.....the big one is an 'apple' gourd.....

I've had this little triptych for years...I think I got it at a college art auction my daughter was helping with....I still love it..........
My Dollar store scarecrow and my pumpkin warmer that is filled with those scent beads in the apple fragrance.....those beads are so nice compared to the wax melties....no muss and no fuss!
I have a thing for fiber optics and I love this scarecrow who turns different colors..........he's been around for awhile too..............
It wouldn't be Autumn without Susan Branch and her wonderful illustrations and recipes.....I'll be looking at this tonight for some Fall inspiration..........
I added one new item this year so far...........I was at the dollar store and they had these 2 pumpkin doilies for $1 for 2...........I couldn't resist!  BTW....they're on a bench/table in front of my armchairs but it looks like it's on the floor....lol!
I will be posting more as I am missing some items like my big pumpkin candle, my hand crocheted gourds and leaves banner.  I keep some things back for Halloween so those will come out later.
I'm having a great day decorating and listening to the Iowa State game and now I am off to  make my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season and do some handwork.  I hope you are enjoying your first day of Fall!
Happy Trails!!!

10 comments:

  1. I know officially it's fall, but it doesn't feel like it when the high is 89! I am soooo ready for cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's coming.....it didn't get out of the 60's yesterday and the day before it was near 90! Hang in there!

      Delete
  2. Your decorations are wonderful. It all looks very cozy. We spent the day closing up the trailer and it was chilly and breezy. Perfect day to contemplate the fall at home in our warm house. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you love your summers but this is my favorite time of year along with Winter....not down here though....up in 'snow country'! LOL!

      Delete
  3. I spent some time today re-reading my Susan Branch Autumn book. Isn't she just the mostest! And your home looks lovely for fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I try to enjoy each season and celebrate whenever I can for whatever reason! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Happy Fall! I must change some decorations soon:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a yard flag for Fall and I thought of you....that's one thing I don't have but maybe I should?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh... you're getting me in the mood for fall, friend. Thank you for giving us a peek inside your home. It looks so cozy. I'd love to actually come inside, visit with you, and maybe enjoy some warm apple cider. Happy Autumn, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so cozy and welcoming.
    Fall is the best time of year, in my opinion :)

    Have a great rest of your day.
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!