Sunday, April 8, 2018

YOP Week #41

FO's - (Finished Objects) -  I have one!  I found a pattern on You Tube for a Cobblestone wash cloth.  Her tutorial was excellent although the pattern was a bit hard on my hands.
Learn How To Crochet Easy Cobblestone Washcloth Gift Set Crochet washcloth Tutorial #425
 1) I am calling this the "He-Man" washcloth as it is about 9" X 9".  I used an I crochet hook and Peaches and Creme 100% cotton worsted yarn in the Limeade colorway.  This is 1/2 of a spa gift set for my SIL for Christmas.  I will also be making this back scrubber........the link  is here
There are several "spa" type crochet patterns at this link.  If I would have found this first I would have used her washcloth pattern as she uses a different stitch for the "bumps" so I'll see but the yarn will be the same as the washcloth so I think it will be alright.  I thought it would make a nice gift and my SIL is a big guy so I think he'll appreciate the larger size cloth.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 WIP's (Works in Progress)
1)  This shawl is in timeout for maybe forever..........it's easy so why can't I make it?  If you get off count on your rows you're done and I was being so careful...I thought....anyway......out of sight, out of mind and onto other ventures!
 2) I'm digging into my projects for gifts that never got completed.  Remember this one for my daughter?  It is a Frida Kahlo basket which requires 5 big 10" or larger squares.  I had 5 squares done and had ordered some Frida Kahlo fabric to line it with but it didn't coordinate with the yarns at all so I decided to order yarn colors that matched the fabric.  I should have done that to begin with.  So, I left the 5 squares I had done first to finish a basket for me later and started making new squares in the  new yarn colors...........I had one square done and I am on the second square now........
None of these items have been blocked so they look pretty wacky for now.......I hope to have the squares done by next week....this is something I can work on and watch t.v. also....PTL!
 3)  Felted slippers - I learned the wrap and turn!  But she never said anything about picking them up.  Are you supposed to?  I may email her but it went smoothly and I am moving along with the one anyway.............
 4)  I bought this material and pattern last year and did nada on it partly because it got 'lost' in the shuffle but I unearthed it recently and decided to give it a go.  I have everything I need except some 1/2 " double folded bias tape in navy blue so I will order that this week.  I also have the material in the laundry to be washed and then ironed.  Not much progress but some!  I am going to make the tunic in the bottom right hand corner.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Acquisitions:  I was out of town all day Friday and bought a bunch of crafty things plus a little yarn.  If you want to see it all check the blog post before this one for all the "goodies"!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What's in the Queue -
#1 - Land of Sweets Cowl
I still have to get enough mini-skeins to do the different colors.  I think I will be dyeing my own now.
#2 - Some Valentine's Day socks - I'll be on the look out for VD appropriate yarn.  I heard that Lolo Did It always dyes special yarns for the holidays so I need to take a look but it will have to be in next month's craft budget. 
#3 - Something for St. Patrick's Day...socks or cowl...not sure.  I think I found a cowl pattern with a Celtic design but I would like socks too!
#4 - Still more washcloths as I have plenty of Dishie and Peaches and Creme worsted cotton
#5 - The Spring color cotton is for some leaf book markers
#6 - Crocheted back scrubber for Tracy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What I'm "wishing upon a star" for -
#1 - My Valentine and St. Patrick's Day yarns for socks or cowls and mini's for cowl and Granny Stripe Blanket.
 #2 - Susan B. Anderson has her 2 kits back in stock..........The Loopy Sheep
and her Spring Chicken kits  just in time for Spring but where do I get the dough for all these great items?
#3 - my new over the top obsession I discovered from Little Bobbin's mother who does the most beautiful stitchery from Jesse Chorley
I'd like to do her Friendship Quilt  if I live long enough! LOL!  I may try just a little sampler on my own but check out her website for lots of other wonderful and unique items and projects.
#4 - Knitting at the Library Cowl - a pay for pattern on Ravelry.  I'm thinking this may be the year of cowls or slippers....we'll see who wins out! The cowl looks like different shelves of books!  So cool!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
YOP Goals from last week:
1) ***continue working on Hitch Hiker shawl - in long-term timeout!!!
2) *** DONE***learn wrap and turn for felted wool slippers and continue
3) ***DONE***get out crochet basket for my daughter's birthday and work on
4) create mini skeins and dye
5) pin another I Spy quilt
6) cut binding for my sampler quilt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 YOP Goals for this coming week:
1) work on back scrubber for Tracy Christmas gift
2) email author of felted slipper pattern about picking up wraps?
3) complete all 5 squares for Frida Kahlo basket
4) learn how to create mini skeins 
5) pin another I Spy quilt
6) cut binding for my sampler quilt
7) start Spring Cross Stitch
8) wash and iron fabric and cut out pattern pieces
9) order bias tape and Swedish tracing paper for patterns
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Podcasts: I need to work on catching up with Stitching The High Notes and other regulars.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We got snow yesterday morning!!!  It has been below freezing every morning and then it warms up but still a very 'cool' April for here.  I saw a goldfinch and 2 bluebirds yesterday and the robins are still here!  The snow was gone by noon.
 Happy Trails!!!!
P.S.  To see other fabulous makes please visit our other YOP participants










14 comments:

  1. Your manly spa cloth looks like a perfect washcloth, Sam. I'm sorry to hear about your shawl that was sent to time out. That's no fun. How discouraging to work so carefully on it and then find a mistake that's not easy to fix. :(

    We've been getting a number of "last snows". It snowed again two days ago and I was thinking surely that's the last one. I've lost track of how many times I've thought that.
    Then someone reminded me this morning that a few years ago we we had some winterish weather in May. I'm not remembering that, but then again, I rather like a cool spring - and even summer, so I might have just been in heaven at the time. I'm not looking forward to the heat, but I do look forward to flowers and summer birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both! I really don' t like the heat and 60's would be fine for me all summer as I work in the yard and any warmer makes me sweat and feel drained the rest of the day and then of course you have to change clothes and take a bath....I should live in the arctic! LOL!

      Delete
  2. I love it when you update your projects! and it was GREAT fun seeing the new craft supplies you bought. I don't go to craft stores very often so I have a bit of a list going too. Maybe it's time! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shouldn't wait that long as it gets pricey...I feel better when I spend a little at a time. Hugs to you too!

      Delete
  3. We had nickle size hail last night...very unusual for here. We rarely even get thunder. It’s been a strange spring so far.
    I enjoyed seeing all of your projects. Too bad about the hitchhiker shawl. How frustrating. I just finished a shawl and after binding off I realized I had messed up. Oh well, I’m not redoing that bindoff so it will stay as it is. Have fun crafting.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mistake stuck out like a sore thumb so there was no going forward with it. It has been a really strange Spring all over. Iowa had thunder snow last week and more last night. But I'm not rushing summer here as it is too hot for me! I hope your back is better?!? Blessings and healing to you!

      Delete
  4. OOOHHHH a back scrubber. I love that. Now have another project to add to my list of to do's. Thanks!

    Your manly cloth is lovely. I like the bigger cloths as they shrink after washing.

    Love the tunic pattern and the material will be fabulous with it. I have found all my aprons and they are getting used again. Sure saves on stained clothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to find projects for guys but I thought those 2 items would make a nice gift for my sons and SIL. I said Christmas but it will be for his birthday in July...there are 5 birthdays that month! I love my cobbler aprons as they have pockets so after this tunic one I will try and make some of those. Hope you have a safe trip back!

      Delete
  5. I love your "He-Man"!! The colours are so pretty! Well done Sam! I'm sorry that you are disenchanted with your shawl...one day you'll come back to it! Your pattern looks nice, I can't wait to see what you make! :) Oh my gosh snow...I'm glad yours is all melted...I can't say the same for us! Stay warm and cozy! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was excited to discover these 2 items for my "menfolk' for gifts. I will go back to it someday but not for a long time! LOL! You stay warm and cozy too!

      Delete
  6. Your fabrics for your apron look very fun and summery! Now if we could only get some spring or summer weather! We're expecting snow showers for the next few days, with no sign of seasonal temperatures in the long range forecast.

    I forgot all about the Frida Kahlo bag. Looks like you're on a roll now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was on a roll until I can't find one of the colors of yarn I need....I swear someone has put a fiber curse on me! LOL! That is why I have to have so many WIPs going at the same time because I always run into 'snags'.

      Delete
  7. I need to finish my Dottie Angel; I have it in a bin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All you projects are wonderful. Sorry about the time-out chair for your shawl. Have you tried putting in lifelines so that if you get off on your count it is easier to go back? Lifelines and tons of stitch markers are my saviours when I am knitting lace things.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!