Friday, April 6, 2018

Friday - 04/06/2018

CRAFT BONANZA!!!!!  I had a doctor appointment in Mountain Home today so I took my 'never-ending' supply list to Hobby Lobby.  I was going to order from Amazon but hadn't yet so I thought I would see what supplies I could get at HL first.  You're going to think this is a lot and it is but you have to understand I only go shopping like this about every 6 months.  I save up until I either go to Mountain Home or order from Amazon and get free shipping.  Anyway.........I found almost everything I wanted except I need some alphabet stamps for cards etc. and I did see them on Amazon.
 1)  BTW, I did take my floss cards to HL and compared all the colors.  I actually did pretty well except for 2 I had to switch and 2 were totally missing so I bought them.   I think that was probably the most time consuming part of this new cross stitch project.  I also bought a G and an H Clover crochet hooks with the comfort handle.  I know so many crocheters that use these hooks and love them.  I still use the old aluminum ones that I've had for years and they can hurt my hands.  I'll let you know what I think although right now I'm using a I hook.....why didn't I buy that size?  Duh!
2)  This is roving for needle felting.  I have a kit that someone gave me years ago and I never tried it but I have seen some really cute little animals and they say it isn't difficult....there are You Tube videos so I am counting on them!  I needed more colors so this package fit the bill.....
  3)  I use body butter instead of body lotion but the commercial stuff is usually full of other chemicals too so I have wanted to make my own and after successfully making my own soap I thought I would try the body butter.  I bought the base and some pink grapefruit essential oil.....stay tuned! 
 4)  I bought some stickers for my bullet journal........
 5)  More cotton dish cloth yarn............on sale..............
I had a green, red and white Christmas yarn but this one has the addition of pink and I fell in love!
6)  Candle making supplies - I actually need to order non-lead cotton wicks from Amazon but I was able to get some wooden ones and some soy wax.  I burn candles all the time and I can't afford the pricier ones but they are the better ones that use soy and non-lead wicks so..........I'll be making my own.  How hard can it be?   I love the wood wicks as it sounds like a crackling fire.
7)  Some card stock for making cards.  I have been wanting to do this for ages!
Glitter gel pens....I have looked everywhere for these....so excited to use these.....I got all my supply info from Connie over at Far Side Of Fifty.....she makes lovely cards and so does Stefanie but mine are going to be fairly simple....I hope
 I bought a giant stamp pad in black............I have gobs of big stamps someone gave me years ago.....
 and a calligraphy and lettering set so maybe I can improve my writing on the cards and in my bullet journal for titles...........this should be fun!
So, that was my 'haul' and I can't wait to dig in to it all!  Thank you to all of you who inspire me, enable me and help me go broke! LOL!  I hope you had a wonderful week and that you have something fun planned for this weekend.  I know I do!
Happy Trails!!!


11 comments:

  1. How fun! I so enjoyed seeing your HL haul. I spent an hour or so walking around Hobby Lobby this morning for exercise because it was pouring rain outside. I didn't buy a thing! Aren't you proud of me? It was my third time there this week and I haven't bought anything. It will be fun to see how you use all of these supplies.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had one as handy as you then I might not need to 'stock up' like I do. YOu are good and frugal!

      Delete
  2. I bought some Carpe Diem stickers for the first time last week, to use in my journals. You got some useful and pretty bargains for your crafting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Carpe Diem line and the Reset Girls...you should look online for Reset Girls....so much and so cute!

      Delete
  3. You had quite a shopping trip! I like HL too and it is a good thing it is an hours drive:) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have fun I'm sure but what do I do first? LOL!

      Delete
  4. That is quite a hall. You have plenty to keep you busy for a very long time. I think I never need to go shopping again as I have all these type of things for creating with. I keep falling off the wagon where journaling is concerned. I would really like to start using all my scrap papers and card up so should start making cards again and scrapbooks again. So much to do and yet sometimes I get very very lazy or just don't feel very creative at all. Have fun with everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we inspire each other and want to make "all the things' but then there are times when you have to change gears and relax and that's okay too. I get the same way...creativity is a strange creature...she comes and goes! LOL!

      Delete
  5. Oops! I hate mistakes. That should be "haul" not "hall" :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the others, that's an excellent haul of craft goodies! I'll be interested in your body butter. So much better to make your own products so that they are exactly what you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For years I used Philosophy Amazing Grace body butter and it is still my favorite scent. I will never be able to replicate it but it is pricey so I am trying to do without it....we shall see. It's something I dearly loved.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!