Thursday, April 5, 2018

Thursday - 04/05/2018

It's been a trying several days.  To make a long story short.....1)  Annie and Nitty are having "accidents" in the house and my Hitch Hiker shawl is not going to see the light of day for a very, very long time if ever.  I may be taking a break from knitting and go back to crochet, sewing and cross stitch.  But I did try and 'carry on' and the girls are doing well otherwise so I can't complain.   Except for all the hours I waste on knitting things that never see the light of day!  I always say "rejection is protection and/or direction" so I think God was telling me to focus on what will bring me closer to my dreams and goals and I did.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
New toilet seat installed and partly deep cleaned bathrooms.  This was another project that should have been easy but of course, not for me.  Long story but in calling the company they informed me that the instructions were written wrong.  I questioned it when I read them but figured they must know what they were talking about but come to find out they didn't! LOL!  But it's in now and I can get on with my life! LOL!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since I wasn't going to be knitting I needed something to keep my  hands occupied so I started working on some wash cloths again but this time crocheted................I bought a spool of Peaches and Creme at Wal-mart in the Limeade colorway.  It spoke Spring to me!  I think this is the Cobblestone pattern and it is a tutorial on You Tube.  I'm finding it a little hard on my hands though.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also prepped my cross stitch for stitching in the evenings.  I used an overcast stitch on my machine that I did not know it had.  I was going to use a zig-zag stitch.  It felt good to learn something new and be successful at it.
 No unraveling here!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also made the floss cards out of the chip board she sent in the kit for that purpose.........then I started sorting through the floss and trying to tell which color was which number...............not an easy job and I'm not sure I got it right plus there are 2 missing which are probably mixed  up with another color that was close.  I will be digging out my DMC colors tonight and see if that will help me...........

There are 36 colors and most are just 1 strand so it is a job trying to match them to the correct number for DMC.  It would be easier to purchase the colors separately for then they would be labeled.  Or maybe I should take my floss holders with me tomorrow when I go to Mountain Home and check them at Hobby Lobby?  Great idea!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was at the Dollar General here in town the other day and they had a pile of books on one shelf.  I wasn't expecting anything remotely interesting until I spotted one of my favorite authors!  So, yes, I got this book for $1 and it wasn't one I had read yet...SCORE!
 I hope you had a productive and enjoyable week so far!
Happy Trails!!!
P.S. Did you know Ben & Jerry's ice cream now make a dairy-free ice cream?  Well, they do and let me tell you......it is out of this world!  I'm not supposed to have dairy simply because of the cholesterol and I love ice cream...problem solved!  It is made with almond milk and I got the almond caramel brittle....Oh Baby! Oh Baby!

11 comments:

  1. That ice cream sounds good. I have to have sugar free and I try to avoid fake sugar but I've found out that Klondike bars 'no sugar' are wonderful! I better not eat too many though! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kno, this stuff is dairy free but they didn't say calorie free! I still have to watch it! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Love that overlock stitch! Hope your fur babies feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Who knew? T he fur babies are very old so not sure it will get better but I am trying to empathize with them...we're all getting old together so I try to be as patient with them as they are with me.

      Delete
  3. I’m glad you found a nice cream that you love. I can’t imagine not being able to eat ice cream. Sorry to hear about Nitty and Annie. That’s hard. Also sorry to hear that the knitting is taking a rest, but crafting is supposed to be fun and relaxing. Fun times ahead with your new cross stitch. That overlap stitch is done beautifully.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I was just eating it on holidays and special occasions and the dairy free still isn't calorie free! LOL! But I'll take it! It floors me that I can knit socks, a sweater but give me an easy project and I mess it up.....I think if it's too easy my mind wanders. Actually, it wanders all the time! LOL! Thank you for your compliment on the over lock stitch....I love my sewing machine!

      Delete
  4. Happy find on the book. I need to make more washcloths for the home too. In the past I made them with a thinner cotton, but they took longer because of a smaller hook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEs, washcloths are great....and I can't mess them up too bad! LOL!

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear that Knitty and Annie are having potty problems. That is really hard. Old age? Perhaps you can make them some diapers...I know some people use them ...Good job on the toilet seat...why are some things even sold with the wrong directions?? Idiots:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Annie has always had them...if it's too cold out or too wet or you don't remind her to go out....any number of reasons for her but Nitty is just old and I think she holds it so she doesn't have to traverse the stairs and one night she held it too long and then she had another accident but no seizures this time....when she does go out in the morning she stays out all day because one or twice up and down the stairs is all she can handle. I don't get mad as I know she wouldn't do it and never has unless she really can't help it but Annie is just a 'diva'! LOL! Thank goodness I have a Spotbot and a rug shampooer but it's so much work and so time consuming....the 'golden' years! LOL!

      Delete
    2. P.S. Yes, can you believe it? She knew exactly what I was calling about. If you buy a Church toilet seat....beware! LOL!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!