Sunday, April 1, 2018

YOP Week #40


Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate it.  I do and I have my little Easter vignette that I set up.....
A card from my daughter and some Easter treats that the Easter Bunny left me........my Easter basket has gotten much smaller over the years....what's  up with that?
The statue is the Pieta by Michelangelo.....I've had this for over 40 years........I'm not an art connoisseur by any means but when I saw this reproduction sculpture I was so taken by it, it brought tears to my eyes.....still does.............
There were no Easter lilies available so I got this hyacinth which smells heavenly..........
I also colored eggs which I love doing.............

BEFORE:
AFTER:
They must have improved the colors as I don't remember them coming out so vivid when my children were little.............it might have been that they were just impatient.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 WIP's (Works in Progress)
There are no FO's this week just a WIP which probably doesn't look much different from last week.....yet I knitted on it all week!  But you see, I frogged the entire thing and started over! LOL!  There was that 'knot' and then I made 2 more mistakes and with me 3's charm so it got frogged completely back to square 0!  I think I am probably right where I was last week......sorry...........
Still love knitting on it but there is no TV watching for me unless I am doing a washcloth or my CMB.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Acquisitions:
1)  I got my March subscription box from Little House in the Big Wool and love it!  So many goodies and it was all based on Beatrix Potter....one of my all time favorite authors.....I gave more detail on a previous post if you want to know more.
2)  I picked up this lovely Spring color of Peaches and Creme 100% cotton worsted for dish cloths....I love Dishie yarn but this color spoke to me............. 
3)  I've had this yarn for awhile but was not sure about the dyeing part which is what I bought it for.  I've decided I want to wind it into mini-skeins which I do not know how to do so I will look up tutorials and then dye with the supplies below.  Alicia Paulson mentioned dyeing with these supplies and her yarns turned out gorgeous!   Hopefully by next week I will have something to show you.  I want to dye them for the Land of Sweets cowl I mentioned. 

What's in the Queue -
#1 - Land of Sweets Cowl
I still have to get enough mini-skeins to do the different colors.  I think I will be dyeing my own now.
#2 - Some Valentine's Day socks - I'll be on the look out for VD appropriate yarn.  I heard that Lolo Did It always dyes special yarns for the holidays so I need to take a look but it will have to be in next month's craft budget. 
#3 - Something for St. Patrick's Day...socks or cowl...not sure.  I think I found a cowl pattern with a Celtic design but I would like socks too!
#4 - Still more washcloths as I have plenty of Dishie and Peaches and Creme worsted cotton
#5 - The Spring color cotton is for some leaf book markers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What I'm "wishing upon a star" for -
#1 - My Valentine and St. Patrick's Day yarns for socks or cowls and mini's for cowl and Granny Stripe Blanket.
 #2 - Susan B. Anderson has her 2 kits back in stock..........The Loopy Sheep
and her Spring Chicken kits  just in time for Spring but where do I get the dough for all these great items?
#3 - my new over the top obsession I discovered from Little Bobbin's mother who does the most beautiful stitchery from Jesse Chorley
I'd like to do her Friendship Quilt  if I live long enough! LOL!  I may try just a little sampler on my own but check out her website for lots of other wonderful and unique items and projects.
#4 - Knitting at the Library Cowl - a pay for pattern on Ravelry.  I'm thinking this may be the year of cowls or slippers....we'll see who wins out! The cowl looks like different shelves of books!  So cool!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
YOP Goals for this coming week:
1) continue working on Hitch Hiker shawl
2) learn wrap and turn for felted wool slippers and continue
3) get out crochet basket for my daughter's birthday and work on
4) create mini skeins and dye
5) pin another I Spy quilt
6) cut binding for my sampler quilt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Podcasts: I have caught up with Yarn Hoarder so now I am watching Dye podcasts on You Tube.  This week I need to work on catching up with Stitching The High Notes and other regulars plus learn that wrap and turn!
Happy Trails!!!!
P.S.  To see other fabulous makes please visit our other YOP participants










4 comments:

  1. I love the Pieta. I have 2 of them out all the time. Very moving artwork to be sure.

    Those eggs are to "dye" for. I don't remember our eggs ever being thay bright. How pretty they are.

    Your hitchhiker is coming along. Hopefully therr will be no more frogging on it.

    The cotton yarn is very springy looking. I am boring and make them to match my kitchen. MaybeI need to take a lesson from you on this one.

    I have heard of several dyers using koolaide for their 'ink'. Will be anxious to see how it turns out.

    A Blessed Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam :) Happy Easter! :) Your Michelangelo sculpture is really nice. I laughed that your Easter basket is getting smaller, mine seems to be too lol...your Easter eggs look great, it's so much fun isn't it? I can't wait to see how your yarn looks after you dye it!

    You have some great goals and projects! I'm still waiting for warmer weather to start knitting again, my hands can't do much in the winter months! :) Hope you made a nice comforting Easter dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think one of your goals should be to make a bigger basket! I'm sure this time hitchhiker will play ball and have fun with your dying, I loved it, it's such fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!