Monday, March 26, 2018

Monday - 03/26/2018

                        S P O I L E R     A L E R T if you subscribe to Little Skein in the Big Wool's March box of goodies do not go any further!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There's the good and the bad..........but first let me say that Nitty and Grace are both doing well.  Grace is beginning to eat and her ears are 'pinking  up' and her gums which means the yellow caused from her liver dysfunction is going away.  She's perkier and is more like her old self.  I am still going to give her the Urgent Care Science Diet by syringe but just not as often.  I mix a little mineral oil and potassium supplement in it that keeps her bowels running good and her potassium had been low.   Once I am sure that she is 100% then I will stop the syringe feeding.  As for Nitty, she acts totally normal and her back leg is no worse that it was before and she still manages to go up and down the stairs so PTL!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As for the bad...........I frogged my Hitch Hiker shawl!  I know...I was halfway done!!!  That will teach me to think I can watch t.v. and do any knitting whatsoever regardless of how simple it is.  I did make an attempt to rip back and I must admit I did good but then there was a dropped stitch and it went downhill from there.  It's okay though, I've restarted and truth be told.....Mandala yarn has knots and I have no idea where my head was but the first knot I knitted right over it and it showed on both sides of the shawl!  The way to do it is to cut out the knot and join the yarn as you would any join then you can weave the ends in and not even see it but the ends on the knots where they join are very short and you cannot weave them in.  So, sad but not devastating....after all, it's just knitting.  There are much worse things...way worse!  Plus, I really enjoy working on this shawl.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On the good side..........I received my Little Skein in the big wool subscription box!  Yay!!!!  I only did it for this one time as I'm not sure yet but I love it!  If you have not gotten yours if you are a subscriber than LOOK AWAY ----SPOILER ALERT!!!
 Beautifully wrapped and packaged............
 2 mini skeins of Anne's house yarn...this is fingering weight with cashmere in it......oh my!  I have never had any yarn with cashmere......so soft!  And the colors are beautiful.  These are large mini-skeins too....100 yards/28 grams 70% merino wool, 20% nylon and 10% cashmere......... 
 The theme was Beatrix Potter.....one of my favs!!! I got a cute little tin of stitch markers, a Peter Rabbit tin full of a lavender potpourri mix, a carrot progress keeper and an enamel pin that I think says Read, Knit, Read.....I need to get my glasses out! LOL!   Also, some lovely hand balm from Tuft Woolens.
 and last but not least a knitting pattern to go with the yarn and a coaster although I would never use it as such........everything in the box related to Beatrix Potter and it couldn't have been more perfect for me!  Thank you, Anne!
 I also got the new Knit Picks catalog in the mail so I will be cuddling up with a cup of tea and the catalog tonight!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had a storm early this morning and it was a real down pour and when I got up there was hail on the ground under my gutter.  It looked like a little pile of snow.   They were at least dime size and that is after they melted a bit.  No wonder it sounded so loud! LOL!  We have a flood watch and more rain tonight and tomorrow but it's 76 out so very nice but overcast.  They had predicted rain for today so I had housework planned already.  I hope you all had a nice start to your week and that it just keeps getting better!
Happy Trails!!!
  

6 comments:

  1. First of all, we had snow this morning! It didn’t stick, but snow? I’m sorry about your hitchhiker, but as you said, it is knitting. And we love knitting so it’s not too much of a hardship is it? Everything that came in your kit kit is just lovely. I love the pastels of Beatrix Potter. And most important of all it was wonderful to hear good news about Nitty and Grace. I’m so glad they’re both doing better. I hope you have a lovely evening.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear good news about your fur babies.

    That box of goodies looks fantastic. Love the color of the yarn.....and cashmere blend.....heavenly!

    Sorry to hear about your shawl but it will be waaaaay better this time when you knit it. I think I am going to go back to crocheting shawls for a while. Knitting them takes me way too long. I guess I am not a very patient person lol. Hence the reason I knit s8cks consecutively lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that Nitty and Grace are both improving! That is a great box of goodies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are getting rain today too. It's a good day to take a break and do lighter work or just knit and crochet, lol. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, hail the size of a dime? That is astounding! I'm glad little Miss Grace is doing better. What a trial she's had but her mama's gettin' her betta alright. Glad Nitty is still ambling about. What a cute subscription box. I think most are of fingering weight yarn, yeah? I have enough of that. I love the Carousel, inspired by Mary Poppins, colorway I bought from Anne at her booth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sam :) I'm SO relieved to hear about Grace perking up...and great for Nitty being more mobile!!! Our pets are so special...you know we're in the same boat lately...it's hard, but we are doing our best! :)

    Oh no!!! Not a frogging! I CANNOT do anything while I'm knitting, not even listen to music. I always get distracted...Your wool box is full of goodies! How nice!

    We're supposed to get more snow and freezing rain this week, sigh...I don't know why this surprises me, it's the same every year lol! Enjoy your Saturday Sam!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!