Monday, April 9, 2018

Monday - 04/09/2018

Great news!!!!  My RA doctor called me about the blood test they ran for me on Friday and I am in excellent health.....no liver problem whatsoever and I am 5 pounds less than what the other doctor keeps telling me with his old scale! It was evidently an error and I'm glad I didn't follow his stupid diet although I tried a few things but they were YUCH!  So, I am healthy as a horse and to be honest I really thought I was. 
Today was busy as usual.  I  had to pick up prescriptions, get gas for mower and go to the bank.  I did all of it but not without some problems.  The internet was down in our area all day!  I had to go to 2 gas stations to get gas and it's a good thing I had my checkbook with me too!  I couldn't read blogs or do anything requiring the internet which was quite a bit on my list.  I never did get the lawn mowed but I did make cookies!  Far Side of Fiftie's
recipe for Swedish Browns............so good!
 I also did a teeny bit of my cross stitch..........
 I've never worked on linen 32 count over 2 threads but it's not that hard once you get used to it. 
Tomorrow is Garbage Day and also they will pick  up anything except, paint,  oil and electronics...well gee whiz....those are the things I want to get rid of!  I'm sure I can come up with some things to pitch! LOL!  They do this twice a year along with the city wide garage sale but they should have the garbage pick up AFTER the garage sale so people can get rid of what didn't sell.  That's my way of thinking anyway.
April 14 is the City-Wide Garage Sale and I think I might sign up this time.  It's supposed to be nice all week except rain on Friday so hopefully I will get some yard work done.  I hope the weather is cooperating with you and your plans!
Happy Trails!!!

13 comments:

  1. Good news about your health test results. I am gathering things to have picked up too, a health charity has a truck that comes to our neighborhood on a specific day so all I do is put out the bags of clothes, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that you have a truck stop by more often than twice a year! I wish we had that!

      Delete
  2. Good News at the DR!! I am thrilled for you that you are in good health!! Those Swedish Brows are melt in your mouth good, I think I have a few left in the freezer:) I saw in the post before this that you got snow, musta been from me:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that doctor/nurse was questionable especially when I asked if they would rerun the test to see if there was an error but they wouldn't. But my RA doctor had not problem running it....go figure? My GP is going to hear about it next time I have to go in for refills!
      Yes, those cookies are on of my 'favs' for sure! Thank you so much for that recipe and I think of you every time I make them. Yes, that snow was just your 'leftovers'! LOL!

      Delete
  3. I am happy to hear the good news on your health. PTL

    Those cookies look quite yummy. Your cross stitch always fasinates me. My RA in my hands will not allow me to do cross stitch anymore, darn it. I will live vicariously through you lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hands don't look so good but they work! I do get a trigger finger every once in awhile that makes me laugh....it gets 'stuck'....lol! Crocheting that scrubber is causing me more trouble than cross stitch. I think the lab made a mistake the first time so I am a happy girl!

      Delete
  4. Hi Sam! I am so impressed you can work on 32 count linen-I love working on linen but boy do my eyes protest! As far as weather is concerned here in Seattle-after a beautiful day yesterday it is breezy and rainy and yucky today. Oh, and I am glad to hear you got such great health news!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim! Where have you been? I must admit I had to get reading glasses to do it. I don't usually need glasses to read but for 32 count I did! Happy Spring to you....I miss your fiber projects and your book picks! Are you on Good Reads and Ravelry, I'm sure you are....I will check out what you're up to there. Miss you!

      Delete
  5. That is such really good news about your doctor visit. Praise God! I admire your cross stitch but I just can't work on that small of count anymore. My eyes rebel!
    The gas station thing is kind of strange when I realized that the lines at our Walmart were closed for almost an hour yesterday while I was there because the internet was down. Alicia, the young lady who is staying with us was at Trader Joes at the same time and it was down there too. Kind of makes you wonder doesn't it?
    Have a lovely day my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your well wishes and prayers....I knew he made a mistake or the lab did...I am so blessed! It could have gone either way but I was pretty confident that my liver was just fine! LOL!
      Yes, we have become too dependent on technology and electricity etc. I am more than willing to ride a horse! LOL! Maybe Mackinac Island? No cars allowed there...walking is fine with me too as long as it isn't more than 5 miles to town. I have quite a bit of 'backup' procedures to get around most power outages so it doesn't bother me except when I had things planned to do and research on the internet. You have a great day too!

      Delete
  6. I'm SO happy to hear you are fit as a fiddle! :) That's great news Sam :)) Those cookies look so yummy! I hope you have great luck with the garage sale this year! Oh the weather isn't cooperating with me whatsoever...snowing again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided I won't be doing the garage sale...I didn't realize how soon it was! Spring will come eventually...won't it? Gloomy and overcast here and severe weather maybe later today.

      Delete
  7. I'm coming late to this post, but I want you to know I'm very happy to hear your good health report, Sam!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!