Friday, April 13, 2018

Friday - 04/13/2018

Storms are coming and I had all kinds of things to do today because yesterday was Wally World don't ya know.  The girls are doing well but there have been 'accidents' and I can't get mad because they are getting up there in years.....really up there!  They'll both (the 2 dogs) be 15 this August so the Spotbot and I are on a first name basis!  LOL!  After I shampoo the spot I put a 'camel' cloth over it so we don't track on the wet carpet. 
As for Grace she is eating again and energetic and happy.  She can't get close enough to me it seems and she stares at me constantly with her big beautiful eyes.  It's like she is thanking me for saving her life or something....very strange!  I'm just so grateful she is better!
I found a recipe on Pinterest a while back for homemade Spotbot shampoo and I have been making my own ever since.   It does a good job and makes me realize how dirty the rest of the carpeting is!
I used an empty juice container and marked a line where 1 1/2 quarts is so I just fill it to there with water and add the remaining ingredients.  I think you can read the recipe there if you click on the picture it will enlarge it.  I will add it to my recipes...one of these days.
There was laundry today..........

and tortilla soup in the crock pot............

I finished a birthday present this week which is great...now on to the other ones!  I can't show it except on YOP because my daughter reads this blog except she knows not to look at YOP posts.  She's a good girl plus she loves surprises and never wants to know ahead of time.
It's been a dark and gloomy day and we have a tornado watch until 10:00 p.m......I'll have to get the weather radio out.....it's that time of year!
I finished this book which was excellent!  It even includes old recipes from a by-gone era.
I don't know if I've mentioned lately but I am still reading the Bible and I'm in 2nd Corinthians now.
I'm also reading the 2nd book in the Outlander series.......Dragonfly in Amber..........I finished watching Season 1 on t.v. on Starz so I can now move on to the 2nd book....it was confusing to watch the first and read the second.  Also, remember how I said I was tired of the women always being the ones with their clothes off?  Well, they must have  heard me because lo and behold there was full frontal nudity of a guy and not just once either!  Good going for equality!  Finally! 
I started reading this book but still haven't gotten too far.  My television is broke though so there might be more reading in the evening now.
I also got my Thrift Book order in and was distracted by this book  which I am loving!  It is by a male author but based on Laura's daughter Rose and her childhood.  You wouldn't know it wasn't written by Laura it's so good.  This is a series and this is the first book.
 I'm also reading this monstrosity..........

it was listed as one of the top ten books on the history of Ireland but I think they assume you know the basics.....I don't and there is much terminology that seems to be common to the Irish but not to me.  Something a little more concise and not written for someone getting their Ph. D in Irish History would have been more up my alley.  Oh well, it's only a zillion pages! LOL!
As for watching, I mentioned I finished Season 1 of Outlander, then I also caught up with The Yarn Hoarder podcast and watched the first episode of Howard's End.  I'm back catching up with Stitching the High Notes podcast and that's about it.
I hope you have a great Friday night and a wonderful weekend!
Happy Trails!!! 

5 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful do-er, Sandra. I took my girls and two of the teenager's friends to a big thrift store two small cities over. It was huge with aisles and aisles of stuff. The pots and pans section was popular. You would have liked it as tags were color-coded which meant an extra percent was taken off at the registers. My teen and her girlfriends shopped on their own and me and the youngest poked around, finding ourselves a bench to sit so I could rest my toe and knit while she read a book she had found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s hard when our fur babies get old. I’m sorry you’re dealing with needing to clean all of the time.but very glad that Gracie is doing so much better. I think animals understand more than we give them credit for. She probably is saying thank you and that she loves you. Great job taking care of her when she was sick.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you faired the storms ok. We left Texas on Thursday and they got some big thunderstorms on Friday. They are all ok though.

    The book about Rose looks inviting. I just placed an order with Thrift books to complete my Maggie Sefton Mystery series. I am in love with Thriftbooks! Thanks for talking so nicely about them.

    My ex-daughter in law always made her own laundry soap and other cleaners. She liked that she knew what was in them and not a bunch of chemicals she couldn't pronounce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy! Good to hear that Grace is all better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!