Sunday, June 17, 2012

No spin today...........

I apologize for not blogging for the past couple days.....it's been quite a week!  I won't go into details but suffice it to say the "sun spots" were definitely doing a number on me this week!  Also, I was doing the Sunday Spin as a "rest" on Sunday but turns out there are copyright issues on other's photos and also it was taking me much longer than a regular post on my "day of rest".  LOL!  I will continue to point out blogs of interest but I just won't include pictures just the link to their blog.  I guess Pinterest is fair game though because I see a lot of that out on the blogs.
I don't have a lot to show for the last few days either as all my efforts were put toward electronics and fixing and phone calls and going without electricity.  Today is catchup in all areas!  I did manage to gather up my materials for my next quilt block though.  Here's the pattern for the next block........
 I trace the patterns and their letters onto freezer paper...........
 Then the fun part comes in......going through my wool stash picking out the right colors and/or even dying some wool if I don't have that color in my stash.  Here are some nice greens for the leaves.........

 Then how about these colors for the orange.......
  
 Then I  need some blues and purples for the grapes............
 Below you can see the subtle differences that come about from hand dying or over dying.  I love the effect.
I'll update you when I have more progress on this block....hopefully I'll get to work on it today.
I hope you're having a relaxing Sunday and Happy Father's Day to all those Dads out there!  Enjoy your day!
  

6 comments:

  1. Well, I never mind if someone shares my photos on their blog as long as they link back to me (which you always do on your Sunday Spins). I can't imagine why someone would have an issue with this but I guess they have their reasons. I love your new pattern that you're working on. Did you hand-dye all of the wool pieces? If yes, I'm in awe of you! What a beautiful project this will be when you're done with it. Part of what I love about blogging is seeing everyone's talents and different interests. Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you can share my photos all you want. Not very good so I guess who would want to but I have never figured out why folks are so touchy about it. I figure if you put it online then it is fair game. I guess if it was of my kids that would weird me out though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ditto what Jennifer and Elaine both said. You always link back to everyone you showcase so what's the big deal? Sorry to hear you've had some crazy days. Looks like you are making lots of progress on your next block. Hope your day is a good one. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to see you back. I was beginning to worry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't think it would be a problem as long as you link back, but who knows. But I understand about it not being a "rest" day if it takes you more time than normal to do the posts :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you again. Can't wait to see your finished projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!