T's Daily Treasures and actually it's more of a questionaire but how fun and what a great way to get to know each other better on these blogs. Thanks, Tammy! So, here I go.............
1. Favorite animal: This is a toughie because I love so many. I love my dogs and cats both past and present but horses have always had an almost spiritual connection with me. When I ride it's like I'm in another world and the horse and I are one. Unfortunately, I no longer have my horses and I no longer ride but I do dream about riding sometimes and I love that!
2. Favorite number: 7 as it has shown up in my life numerous times and is supposedly a spiritual number.
3. Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Coffee.........nectar of the gods!
4. Facebook or Twitter: It would have to be Facebook because I've never been on Twitter.
5. My passion: To not take anything or anyone (especially MOI) too seriously and pepper that with gobs of gratitude for what is and not for what I wish it was.
6. Getting or giving: Giving but with one caveat........I have learned to give to myself first else I have nothing to pass on and also to give to myself what I don't receive from others. We're not talking material things here but we could be....like fabric and yarn etc. Oh, I'm sorry...I got off message there.
7. Favorite pattern: There's an afghan I made years ago...my first really big project in crocheting and to this day it is my favorite. I will share it someday on my blog if I can find it. It was not boring but you could do it and watch t.v. plus it looked like squares but it was all done in one piece.
8. Favorite day of the week: Friday....silly as I'm retired now but Friday's are still exciting around here as "the girls" and I plan our weekends.
9. Favorite flower: it used to be carnations as I loved the way they smelled and they lasted forever but over the years roses have become very meaningful to me. I planted a memorial garden in honor of my folks back on my farm with roses named in honor of WWII such as Peace and Victory etc. Both my parents served in WWII. SInce I've moved here, I've been trying to restore my Mother's rose garden and have grown to love them. I've discovered they are not the prissy, fussy flower everyone makes then out to be. Not if I can grow them!
10. Favorite country: the universe is my country...we have used flags, borders, religions, race and sex to divide us from each other in the name of God, patriotism etc. We all come from the same source just a like all water comes from the ocean originally.....we need to stop creating more ways to divide us from each other and come up with ways to unite us....like Mother Teresa once said...."I won't march against war but I will march for peace". We are all the same.....no one is more special than another and yet we are all miraculous!
Thank you Tammy for this opportunity and I loved getting to know you better and now I am passing the baton on to these next wonderful blogging friends.........
Always Fixin' Never Sittin'
Aunt Nubby's Kitchen
Camp and Cottage Living
Creating With The J's
Down Our Country Road
Sunny Simple Life
Town and Country Living
Retired in Alaska
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
I hope you enjoy these bloggers and what they have to say for themselves! LOL! Have whatever kind of day you want! Happy Thursday!