Thursday, December 26, 2019

The day after the celebration.........

It was an absolutely gorgeous day here...70 some degrees F and sunny....if I couldn't have a white Christmas this was a nice stand-in! 
 This was Christmas Eve...........
 There was no fire in the fireplace with the temps in the 70's! LOL!
 On Christmas Day I made my favorite Christmas cookie....Mexican Wedding Cakes or Snowballs as I like to call them............ the Zuppa Toscana soup was excellent.....I also had Shrimp cocktail, some Italian ham and salami and cheese and crackers for snacking throughout the day....my compliments to the chef! LOL!
 I took a walk as it was too nice to stay inside.............
 there' s the lake through the trees............
 I found a red heart on my walk..............a sign of love from above..........
 It was still too nice to go in so I sat outside in my Christmas socks and Santa sweats........
 and knit on my new Christmas socks.........
 As for the last Advent gift...Amy received Bacon Jam.....we are serious bacon lovers...........and there was no hint on my last package but it was this...........
Lovely travel-sized items from Burt's Bees and they came in this beautiful bag..........
I also opened the gift that Grayson wrapped and sent to me.  I accidentally left it there this past summer after he gifted it to me.  He told me that there is a tear in one of the legs but he knew I knew how to sew so he figured it wouldn't be a problem!  I swear that kid always tickles my funny bone! 
I finished the cuff on my new sock yesterday and I'm starting to get into some new colors.....oh yeah!
 I started my Chicken Joy.........the material is a pale green sparkly Aida cloth but you can barely see the white snow I stitched.  I think once I get some of the green tree on there it will show up better....or not....lol!
.
I've been working steadily on the baby blanket........I still have a ways to go!  I really like the material it creates but it is a little hard on my hands after a while and I have to give it a rest.
 I hope you had a wonderful Christmas holiday and now to the New Year!
Happy Trails!!!




14 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas. Your food treats sound delicious! Boy this crazy weather. All the kids are outside on bikes here. Our snow melted pretty quick in these temperatures. What a special gift your heart was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really still is Christmas. I leave everything up past my birthday which is January 4th. It is nice that the kids can be outside while they're on break.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was and I hope yours was too. I had my moments especially when I listened to that song I posted...that threw me for sure but I "carried on".

      Delete
  3. It makes me happy to know you had such a pleasant day. I'll miss the "blogmas" posts but look forward to the new year and the projects you're working on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What was it about the blogmas posts you liked? I may have to include some of that in my posts going forward as everyone seemed to enjoy them.

      Delete
  4. It was a beautiful Christmas Day, wasn't it? I always say that I hope we have a white Christmas, but I know deep down that I really don't. Fire Man built quite a large fire in the wood stove on Christmas morning which just about drove the company from the front room. With windows open and the fan on high, we managed to get on with Christmas and had a jolly time of it. I see that you haven't lost any time in getting back to work with needle and thread. I certainly hope you mend that torn leg right away! :~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa Nellie! Yes, a fire would have been nice but hot! LOL! I'm glad you had a nice Christmas. You can't beat "Christmas in the country"! When I had my little farm up North I had a screened in porch and it was nice because if we ran out of room in the fridge I could put food out on that porch. It was never that warm on Christmas or Thanksgiving up North! LOL!
      Yes, I'll get on the torn leg right away! LOL!

      Delete
  5. Your Christmas sounds lovely Sam. All of the food and crafting time too make it a wonderful day. I really enjoyed seeing you sitting outside with your knitting. How nice to live so close you can walk to see the lake. I miss seeing the water at our trailer in the wintertime. I think I will live vicariously through you and enjoy your warmth. That sweet little bag that your gift came in would make a great notions bag for your knitting things. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even have to walk to see the lake. In the winter with the leaves off the trees I can see it from inside my house. It's just across the street. I like the lake but all the houses around it detract from it's beauty in my mind.
    I was thinking the same thing about that bag! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sam :) I LOVE your Christmas socks! I have some too! :) So nice that you were able to get out for a walk, I think that "love from above" heart is significant, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rain....I believe in signs like that...I think they're all around if we just pay attention but for many years I didn't!

      Delete
  8. Hi Sam, Wow what great temperatures!! i am SO jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was a HIV-AIDS patient and I got it from cheating on my wife. It was sort of a payback but a week later I was told by a friend that the person who I cheated with had the HIV-AIDS virus and did not tell me. I was so stupid by not using a condom I thought since he was an old school friend he was trustworthy. But I was wrong. I cried and cried. Two days later, I got a phone call from my friend and he told me about a person who is known by another friend, who can help me. I could not let my wife know what I was going through. I finally got his email address: oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com and I emailed this man my story and he replied me immediately saying i should be calm and told me that everything will be OK. I could not come to terms with what I was hearing but then I concluded it did not matter because I was so broken I just needed help. I was going out of my mind literally. I was confused with what he was telling me, but I listened. He told me about some materials i need to buy that he needed to cast the spell and I said OK. I bought the materials to him, I sent down my picture to him and my positive result sheet and he replied me that i am going to be negative under 3days. I message Him every 2hours for 2day and I knew he thought that I was crazy but I did care I needed a shoulder. Behold, the third day he messaged me i should go for a test that i will be negative. My marriage could be broken because of a stupid mistake and my life was on the line. I remembered when I was going to get the results of my re-test I called him up again and told him that I was going to get my results today and his reply was “so" and that everything will be as he explained. I knew then that he was getting tired of me calling him, maybe I was wrong. Well I got my results and the first person I called was him - again. As he said hello I started to cry and cry. I could not believe it. I was given a second chance in life.This man is a great spiritual HIV/AIDS healer, his healing spell on aids healing is very powerful .please brothers and sister, contact Dr Ose oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com
    whatsapp +2348136482342

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!