Friday, December 27, 2019

My Mother's 104th birthday!

No, she's not alive but if she was it would be her 104th birthday.  She died in 1999 at the age of 83.  Our birthdays are exactly a week apart and my son's birthday is exactly 2 weeks apart from mine.

Yesterday was another really nice day so I got out and did some errands and got my Prevnar 13 shot which my doctor recommended.  I had my pneumonia shot in 2015 and my pharmacist said once I get this I won't need another one.  Really?  Does he know something I don't know? 

I did some cleaning but not too much.  I wouldn't want to overdo it! LOL!  I paid some bills, cleaned the girl's litter boxes and took a walk.  Oh, I got my blood pressure checked and it was 150 at the doc's office (the top number) and yesterday it was 138....down but not by much.  My bottom number was 58 so no problem there. I'm taking the new medicine for it.  It's really not new just doubled. It was cloudy and cooler today but still nice to work outside so I raked and burned leaves and took a walk.
I worked on my sock today and got 8 rounds done on the leg..........
I also did some stitching on Chicken Joy........that's green but it doesn't look like it..............
I needed to plan a meal and get what it called for as "the rains" are coming............I decided on tacos for tomorrow
It is almost the New Year so I thought I would add some more "holiday hoopla" to my blog posts........and some humor too.............I love to laugh more than anything in the world and these are some of my favs........first though.........we can't forget the food for New Years!
This is on my list for sure.......I am a baconista!           Here's the recipe
I thought this was a good thought........
This is a 'little crafty' project and I want to make it!  I have all the postits that's for sure!  This way I won't forget those wishes!
and now for a bit of humor to make you smile..................so true!!! LOL!

Have a happy night and some good food!
Happy Trails!!!

12 comments:

  1. I think I am "pretty" annoying too. I might just have to try that Baconista. That looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's good as I am making it for New Years. It's on All Recipes and rated highly by many and they've never steered me wrong!

      Delete
  2. I like to focus on the positive too! How funny! Love the quote by Stevenson! Enjoy your weekend! Holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gratitude and thinking positive thoughts are a key ingredient to happiness IMHO. Enjoy your weekend too!

      Delete
  3. It's already raining here. I got the trees down and boxed up, but didn't make it to the shop before the rain started. I have decided that we will have one little Charlie Brown tree next year. I am a bacon eater too, so this dip looks perfect for a New Year's Eve party. I am loving the sock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a better woman than I! I leave my decorations up until after the 4th (my birthday) and then they all come down. I think the actual Christmas season goes until January 10th but I could be wrong and probably am! LOL!
      You must be south of me as that's the only place I saw rain. I'm not that sweet that I would melt but if I can avoid going out in the rain I do. I just had to run up town for a few things so it was quick. It's still not raining here and doesn't look like it will until later this afternoon so I might get some more burning in before then!
      Yes, I am for sure making that dip for New Year's Eve! Yum!

      Delete
  4. We had snow last night and this morning...I would rather have your rain. :-) I love bacon and that recipe looks delicious. I made a ham and potato soup tonight with some of the leftover ham from Christmas. Tomorrow night we're finishing it off with macaroni and cheese with ham in it. I buy the Cracker Barrel mix for Mac & Cheese at the grocery store and it's delicious and makes it so easy to put together. That should be the end of the ham so I'll have to start planning meals again.
    I hope you have a great weekend Sam.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ham and potato soup sounds delicious and so does the mac and cheese! I've not tried the Cracker Barrel brand. I'll have to look for it! I might have to get a ham too...it's been awhile. You have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a good thought and I needed that today! I am pretty annoying too!
    I think we are in a food rut I think Holiday food is to blame. Hope your new BP dose works well for you! Yes that old peoples pneumonia shot is supposed to work forever but I wonder about that?? Skeptic I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both! LOL! I don't trust many in the profit making medical industry.

      Delete
  7. I just adore how positive and uplifting you always are in your posts. You're a great example for everyone to follow and you definitely chirk me up when I need it. Loved that bit of humor poster you gave us today. There is always a bright side to everything if only we look for it. Signed, Pretty Aggravating (sometimes, I'm sure) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty ANNOYING lol!!! Seeing the glass half full lol! Great funny. It's nice that you got out for a walk. I love the smell of burning leaves. Sam, if I don't talk to you before then, I'd like to wish you a fantastic 2020 and I wish all the best for you my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!