Sunday, November 10, 2019

YOP Week #19



I did a variety of things this week and I apologize to those who visit me during the week....some of this may be repetitious.  I went off the rails this week as I just had the urge to quilt and sew I did! LOL!
I had ordered a quilt kit and some scrap materials...........

but I didn't work on it....I had another quilt that I had been collecting and cutting fabrics for....a Granny Scrap Quilt so I got 4 of 14 rows sewn together for it...............none of these are big quilts...mostly doll size or for table mats and/or runners.......

I did get 4 more solid Blaithin squares done and 1 Cosmos square done..............they need ends woven in..............

I worked on Stars and Stripes Saturday yesterday while watching the Iowa Hawkeyes lose to the Wisconsin Badgers 24-22...........but it was a good game to watch............those red and white designs may be stars but all I could see was snowflakes!

Today is Santa Sunday so I'm back working on my Prairie Schooler 2004 Santa....
I kitted up Christmas Chicken Joy a free pattern from Priscilla and Chelsea but didn't have even one of the colors they suggested so I will be placing an order with FQS next week.  I need needles too.  I did cut and zigzag the edges of the fabric so that's done at least.  I need to find that place where they sell all those trims that I need for finishing my cross stitch projects.  I have several done but need ribbon or trim for them.
That's all for this week my friends.  It's beautiful here....yesterday and today....sunny and 74....perfect!
I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!
Please stop by and see what the other YOP'ers are working on.........here's the link   

Happy Trails!!!



7 comments:

  1. Never apologise, I don't mind how many times I see things! Your sewing looks great and you did so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 74 degrees above zero!!! So jealous...it might have been 20 here today:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santa is starting to really take shape. You are right, the stars do look like snowflakes I do not mind looking at your WIPs twice. They always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely WIPs! Your variety is always so inspiring. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing how your quilting projects turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you find that place (that has everything you need for finishing cross stitches) please let us know. I haven't gotten that far with my projects, but it would be nice to have a place to look at all the options when I get to that point. Loving all your latest projects, Sam. Looking forward to seeing them progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading the recap of your week but disappointed to hear the Hawkeyes lost. I thought it had snowed when I woke up this morning and looked outside but it was just a VERY heavy frost. We have frost most mornings now, but this was much more than usual and looked like a dusting of snow. Your temperatures sound much, much nicer to me.
    Have a great day Sam.
    Blessings,,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is Remembrance Day here and we just got back from the ceremony. My mother, father, grandfather and uncle all served in WWII, my grandfather also in WWI. Love the idea of Santa Sunday! Have a good week, I really enjoy following all your comings and goings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!