Saturday, November 2, 2019

NaBloPoMo Day #2

 I decided, like Becki from Field Lilies blog,  I would try and get rid of things...well, I remember why I stopped going through things.  I had Jim's things to go through so I stopped for awhile but I did some today.  I had paperwork of his and insurance papers etc.  So, I got through that and then found some treasures of mine that I had buried overlooked..........
Do any of you remember these?  They were popular awhile back for decorating.........I might use them still.........
sewing patterns for the kitchen........these haven't gone out of style...........I'd really like a toaster cover and Kitchen Aid cover too...............

 and LOOK!!!!  I knew I had some watercolor pencils!  Here they are!  I'm so glad I didn't go and buy more.....have you ever done that?  Knowing full well you have something but you just can't find it?  That's a sign for sure......time to clean up and clean out.....I'm trying!
 I also found the first three alphabet letters for the cross stitch Calico Alphabet............I need to order the material for it...............after I finish a few other pressing projects...lol!
 I just noticed my camera date is one day off......hmmm...........I took these pictures today November 2nd............oh well............
I got this cross stitch pattern years ago when I visited Split Rock Lighthouse on the North Shore of Lake Superior near Duluth, Minnesota.........beautiful area!  I need to stitch this!

That's all from the 'archealogical' dig going on here at the homestead.  I am washing linens today and I tried filling more Wet and Forget in my garden sprayer and guess what..........I cannot get it unscrewed again.........
The grands all got their Halloween presents before Halloween and they loved them!  Well, I better get back at it!  What are you up to this Saturday?
Happy Trails!!!

16 comments:

  1. I love finding things that I had forgotten I had lost!. You have found some real treasures. Love the pencil crayons (which reminds me - I bought some last year.....where did I put them?) Of course the grands liked their Halloween gifts. They were fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to go through my things too. Slacked off lately though so i must bet back to it. Nice treasure you have found. I wanted to reply to your lovely comment you left on my blog but you have shown up as a no reply blogger. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked my profile and I don't know where I would change that "no reply"? Several people have said that and I'm not sure how to change it. If you know please tell me! LOL!

      Delete
    2. On your settings page you need to go down to user settings & click on it. On that page you will see User Profile with the word edit beside it. Click on edit & when it opens you will see "show my email address". You need to tick the box beside it then scroll down to save setting.

      Delete
  3. Those do look some wonderful finds. I'm glad you found your water color pencils. I hope you enjoy using them. I love mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could use a toaster and toaster oven cover too and I don't think they've gone out of style at al for practical purposes. It hink maybe "modern" decorators don't use them but the again, I've never been accused of being a modern or in style, decorator. :-) . I lose things all of the time. I've been looking like crazy for my Christmas project bag so I can use it for the next few months. It's no where to be found. So frustrating.
    I hope you have a lovely Sunday Sam.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I am not alone in misplacing things in my own house! I think it might mean I have too much "stuff"! LOL!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s like finding gifts for yourself, everything looks great and will be beautiful when you get round to making them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right! And no money spent..at this time anyway.

      Delete
  7. Hi Sam you found some lovely finds there,those patterns look awesome,have fun with these my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saturday went by fast - shopping for our daughter's party for her boyfriend. Sunday we got wood cutting started. So thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.

    carpet steam cleaning
    End of lease cleaning Bankstown

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!