Thursday, October 31, 2019

Happy Halloween!!!




 Monday I woke up to a toothache.  I tried to find my dentist but evidently she had retired.   Tuesday I asked my friends at the pharmacy if they could recommend a dentist and they did!  I called and they could get me in at noon so I went.  It is 3 female dentists and all the support staff are females too.  They were so nice and she thinks I have a sinus infection that is causing the pain so she put me on antibiotics.  I'm still taking Tylenol for the pain though.  When I got home I was exhausted from running all over and so I thought I would veg for the rest of the evening but there was no internet, no t.v. and no phone!  What?  I was too tired so I figured I'd go to bed and it would be fixed my morning.  It wasn't......that got me to thinking.....had I paid the new fiber bill?  NO!  OMG!  They turned it off! LOL!  I am such a dunce!  I was still working with the email and my old phone company and I completely let it slide!  So, I had to go to Mountain Home yesterday and I would drive right past the electric company on my way so I stopped and paid the bill!  She said it would be back on by the time I got home from Mountain Home.I need a "keeper"! LOL!


It was raining the whole trip but not pouring so it wasn't bad.  I went to Hobby Lobby first and got some treasures and a Christmas present that I can't show you.
 I got more doily cotton yarn........
   some stickers for my bullet journal............
a stamp...............
some sparkly yarn for holiday scrubbies................
and some much needed black 310 floss for my button-eyed cat cross stitch..........


 I then went off to the eye doctor where I got my eyes dilated and all is great with my eyesight! PTL!  Since it was raining I wasn't worried about bringing my sunglasses for the drive home but I should have been!  Everyone had their lights on and what are those new bright white car lights with some purple?  They are SO bright!  It was not easy and then I got behind a truck with those flashing lights all over it.....whoa Nellie!  I was blessed to get home alright!  Before I left Mountain Home I made sure I got a Pumpkin Spiced Latte....the biggest one they had! LOL!  It made the whole trip worthwhile...it and the 'treasures'............ plus the colors here are at PEAK for sure and it was absolutely beautiful!


  Are you all set for Halloween tonight?  It was supposed to rain but now it's not so that's good for the trick or treaters!  I'm ready! LOL!


 Happy Halloween and Happy Trails!!!




14 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween Sam!!! :) Oh, that's kind of funny that your fibe got turned off lol...sometimes I could definitely use a keeper too! :) I'm glad you got it all sorted out. I LOVE those little Halloween drawings! How fun! I'm definitely ready for Halloween!! I've been ready for weeks lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to see what you and Alex did for Halloween!

      Delete
  2. Good Morning Sam! I've thought of making a spreadsheet with our monthly bills on it that I can check off when I pay them. I can never rememeber either. I'm glad you got it and your toothache sorted out. Your new dentist office sounds perfect for you.
    I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday too. I bought the same scrubby yarn you did in the red, gray and blue! I also bought the same stickers as the ones on the left in your photo. Great minds and all! Ha!
    I hope you have a wonderful day today, enjoying having all of your gadgets back on. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike!!! You have a great day too!

      Delete
  3. I completely forgot to mention....GOOD LUCK and I HOPE it's just a sinus infection! You know what I went through for nearly 2 months...so glad you found a good dentist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was right on...it was a sinus infection and I am better already although I need to take all the medication.

      Delete
  4. Whew! Reading about your week made me tired, Sam. I'm so glad you got yourself some treats. You sure did deserve them. I'm glad your eyes are good, and I hope your tooth soon is, too. An aching, hurting tooth is just miserable. My dentist's office seems to be filled with all women, too. I love my dentist, and I will be so sad if I lose her. DH has been told they don't take Medicare, so he's sort of looking for a new dentist (I think, hoping they'll change their minds, or that maybe his supplemental will be accepted by them). All I know is I have 5 more years before I need to worry about it. If I can hang onto this dentist for that long I'll count myself fortunate. I hope you enjoy the trick or treaters tonight. It's rainy today, getting bitter as the day wears on, and has even snowed today here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't thing medicare covers dental but they are starting to cover it in 2020 along with eye and hearing also if I understand it right. They do cover my eye exams twice a year because it is required for the meds I take for RA but not sure they cover just a regular eye exam. I guess you'd have to ask your provider.

      Delete
  5. Happy Halloween! We are having terrible weather in our area too, but we are too far in the country for trick-or-treating. Hope you heal up from that sinus infection quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Halloween to you too! It ended up being nice weather here for the little ones.

      Delete
  6. Put bill paying in your bullet journal! I like your stamp! Looks like you have supplies again for awhile. Hope your toothache/sinus problem gets better! :) Ready with treats had 89 kids so far that may be it! Happy Halloween

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered at the 89! LOL! I had 4 but I'll take what I can get! It must have been a sinus infection because 3 days of antibiotic and I am good as new! I have a bill list but hadn't put the new fiber on it....it doesn't take much to confuse me! LOL!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!