Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Fiber optic coming through!

About a month or so ago my electric co-op had an informational meeting at the church about getting fiber optic in our town.  If you wanted it you needed to sign up which I did and they have been all over the area putting it in and then connecting to neighborhoods and finally homes.  Eventually they will need to come inside and do some wiring but for now it is just outside. 
I haven't had this many men at my house in years! LOL!
This was the big excitement today.  They were all over the neighborhood.  I did take the bread and dishcloth to my new neighbor.  He seems very nice and is a DIY'er...which I love.  He moved his stuff in a school bus and pulled his car on a trailer.  He said he bought the bus to move and then to buy furniture after he got here and then he's going to turn it into an RV!  So cool!  He's from California.   I told him I can't wait to see the progress!  He's also replacing some carpeting with plastic laminate flooring....another area I'm interested in.  It's motivating to finally have a neighbor that does things besides me!  Everyone else hires everything done.   
I did some errands and then came home and picked up the rest of the sticks in the yard.  The pile is now twice as big as yesterday.  It was a rough winter because I don't remember ever having that many big branches to pick up.  I stopped at the store and got some hamburger as I decided my next meal will be goulash and I have peaches in the freezer so my favorite peach dessert will get made.  There are storms coming so I thought I'd better get what I needed for my next meal in case it goes on for days as they are predicting.  Of course, they're usually wrong but it was sunny today and 70 F so  why not go today as opposed to waiting until it's pouring out to run to the store.  "Plan for the worst but hope for the best"!
I hope you had a great day and the sun is shining where you are!
Happy Trails!!!  

10 comments:

  1. We have fiber optic here, I guess I like the Fast internet and the TV:) WE have lots of branches in our yard too. Winter was hard on the Oaks...and the hoards of squirrels are too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you like fiber optic. I gave up Dish several years back as it was pricey and every time it rained it went out. Not sure I'll get the t.v. part but I'll have it wired just in case I change my mind. The fast internet is what I'm interested in! LOL!
      I have mostly oaks in my yard and the neighbors trees hang over my yard so I pick up her's too. She doesn't do yard work but she's in her 80's. Maybe when I get to be her age I won't either although you'd never know as she is in better shape than me! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Lots of sunshine here. Your neighbor sounds super interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain was to be here today, but so far nothing. I hope they are wrong. We still need to re-floor our one bathroom. Hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's raining here today just as predicted but hopefully the severe stuff will steer clear. Let me know how the re-flooring goes...flooring is on my mind lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lot of excitement going on in your neighborhood. Sounds as though your new neighbor will be a good neighbor.

    Forecast is for sunny today . . . and then 2-3" of that "S" word tonight. Ah yes, spring time in the north woods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're supposed to get severe weather this coming weekend. It's very de-motivating because why clean if there's a chance the house will get blown away? What a waste of time and energy. I think I'll go to Walmart, cook some dinner and knit.

      Delete
  6. With housing prices and rents getting so high, lots of folks are doing the van life, turning buses into skoolies and choosing alternative lifestyles. I love watching youtube videos about the makeovers, life on the road, tiny house living, etc. Glad to hear your neighbor is a doer instead of wanting things done for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those videos too! I need to go look at some skoolie ones. I've been watching Appalachian Trail videos and ones from the blizzards last week in the west. How did your son fare through that? I imagine it's like a very cold and white sandstorm?

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!