Sunday, February 17, 2019

YOP Week #34

Finishes:
1)  Granny Stripe Shawl :  All finished using 1 skein of Lion Brand Mandala.  This is acrylic so I won't block it but I will wash it and throw it in the dryer............a very enjoyable project



 
 WIPs (works in progress): 
1) I got about 2 1/2 rows done on this.............the rows are getting longer and longer..............


2)  The Multnomah -  I guess I need a 'frogged' section...this was a huge disappointment this week after all that work I did not evidently understand the directions for the border....'fan and feather'?  I have since seen a bunch of info and videos on You Tube about it.  Everyone.....1,000's, have said it was an easy pattern but not for me........the designer did have an addendum to her pattern but said she wrote the pattern 3 years before so not sure it helped.  So,  I will be putting this away and curtailing knitting in the future....too many hours of work to end in disaster.  I am just not cut out to be a knitter.   It's hard to see the pattern but it's a 'hot mess'......so sad as I love to knit but this kind of disappointment is too much after this many years of knitting...I thought I'd paid my dues but evidently not.............if I knit it will be small projects...very small.............


3) So, I started another tissue box cover...........I need 5 in this house and this is number 2 and a great use of leftover yarn............

4)  I didn't do any cross stitch except my floss came in for Hawk Run Hollow and I carded it up.......

New Starts: 
This doesn't count for YOP but I did start chalk painting my headboard of my bed.............one coat and it needs another....you can still see the stenciling underneath it................


TOP 10 (or more) WIP's:

1)  Pickle Dish
2)  Stars & Stripes Saturday - America x-stitch - done but needs finishing
3)  Amy's Frido Kahlo basket (July birthday) - done but needs to be sewn together
4)  Pin's embroidery
5)  Heart bookmark for V-Day - done but needs backing
6)  Toe-up socks
7) C2C blanket for Grayson (July birthday) 
8)  HRH January
9)  Witchy Wednesday - Button-Eyed Cat
10)  Fall Friday - Pumpkin Spice Farm
11)  Merry Monday -
12)  Santa Sunday -

 Finishes so far in 2018-19: 
1.  4th of July cross stitch pillow/ornie
2.  Hitchhiker shawl
3.  Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4.  Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles for me Sam
5.  washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6.   Iowa Hawkeye hats for Sam and Grayson
7.  Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline e) charting a graphghan
8.   dishcloth(s)...I need to count them
9. Cubs hat for Uriah
10. 12 days of Christmas Advent gifts
11. Cowl for Ben
12. Cowl for Tracy
13. Cowl for Natalie
14.  # 2018 Collectible ornaments for the grands
15.  Cowl for me or gift basket
16.  11 scrubbies for gift basket
17.  1 pot handle cover for gift basket
18.  Ben's Bear's hat
19.  Falling Leaves Scarf
20.  Tissue Box Cover
21.  Granny Square Shawl



Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Trails!!!
















10 comments:

  1. You made a successful Hitchhiker shawl and weren’t your socks knitted? So don’t be hard on yourself. Perhaps have a break from knitting and then see how you feel. You make such beautiful embroidery and crochet things and will have more time to dedicate to those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just have to set something aside and work on something that gives you more pleasure. I am amazed at all you accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear you so discouraged at this latest knitting, Sam. You have made beautiful knitted items, friend. Are you sure you don't just need to give it a time out (or give yourself a time out? ;^) OTOH, I'm not against quitting a project, either, mind you. I just know you're a good knitter is all.

    Painting your headboard now? You are so full of energy and inspiration, Sam. Could you please send some of it my way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well poop......sonsorry the knitting mojo left you for now. You have done marvelous work in the past so maybe it just needs a little vacation. Your completed hawk is very nice. The colors are so warm and inviting. Bet there will be some cross stitch to see this coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that knitting feeling :( So sorry your project did not work out. Your Granny Shawl is great!!
    Thank you for sending me to the sock yarn site...I have it bookmarked now. In town one skein will make a pair of socks and it was $20. When I get better at socks I will put in an order IF and when the better part happens. I got some bamboo DPNs I recalled that you like to knit with them...I like them too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your granny shawl turned out beautifully Sam. I love the striping. As for the Multnomah shawl, I’m sorry about the disappointment. I know it well. You have knit so many beautiful projects in the past I hope you don’t give up knitting entirely. Maybe just take a break since you have so many other projects going on anyway, (and soon it will be hard work time too.)
    Much love and a great BIG hug from me.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry Sam the shawl is being a PITA and really your knitting is great and at a really good level. Quite honestly, it may have nothing to do with your knitting experience and level or knowledge but rather more how the pattern is worded and presented by the designer. As everyone has their own unique way of writing them and wording them sometimes it's a simple matter of working with designers who's style fits how you like to knit and learn and work. That's not saying the pattern and designer is wrong, not at all, but we are all unique in how we learn, follow instructions and yes write instructions, at least that's what I've found and experienced in my time as a designer and in offering pattern support to knitters. It is quite possible you're more than capable of completing that stitch when presented and written differently by a different designer. I'm really looking forward to seeing progress on your Hawk Hollow cross stitch, I really love how that piece looks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The granny shawl is beautiful. Lots and lots of projects. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some patterns just aren't worth the heartache. Good for you to put it aside, but don't give up on your knitting - I am certain there are delicious patterns to tempt you back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!

    Spring cleaning Sydney
    End of lease cleaning Botany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!