Monday, February 18, 2019

The 3 C's....cooking, cleaning and cross stitch.......oh, and crochet too.........make that 4 C's

Monday's are always busy with catch up since I craft over the weekend.  I want to thank all of you who wrote such sweet and encouraging things to me yesterday on my knitting 'disaster'....such a minor thing when I think of the world and all it's suffering.  Someone in solitary confinement would love to have some yarn and sticks to entertain themselves and not mind at all to do it over and over again.  So, I am fine and I will knit again....just not now and not a shawl.
I still didn't get over to visit today but I will tomorrow.  I had terrible heart burn last night and had to literally sleep with 4 pillows practically in a sitting position to get it to stop. I never have heartburn but I had some V-8 which I love....I could drink a whole bottle but I only had 1 glass but that's all it took.....dang!  I really love V-8 but no more.  So, I was dragging today but managed to get a few things done.........laundry........and like Betsy Queen or Queen Betsy as we like to call her............I wash my woolen handmade socks in with the other laundry and then just lay them out on a towel to dry.  I don't have to worry about an accident of a sock getting in the dryer as I go through each item and shake them out before they go in the dryer.

   I also mixed up some Oatmeal Crispies dough which are Pioneer Woman's husband's favorite cookies and maybe mine too!  They are 'chilling' in the freezer for slicing and baking tomorrow...........there's another longer package that wouldn't fit on that shelf so I think I'll have plenty!

I'm starting on my Hawk Run Hollow cross stitch for January now that I have all the floss.  I need to order ahead for projects so I am ready to start them when the time arrives.
I also finished tissue holder #2....3 more to go! I need to weave in the ends tonight...............
I'm off to fix my supper and get my jammies on......my bed is sounding really good tonight!
I hope you had a good Monday!
Happy Trails!!!

5 comments:

  1. Heartburn is not fun. Maybe drinking the V8 in the morning when you will be upright all day would be better. That tissue box cover really worked up quickly. It is in my library to do. I really like the colors you used on yours. Washing socks in the washer is the only way I do ours. I use a ditty bag to put them in so they are easy to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Sam i Am you are right and i really like your work in this age even you are retired and do work to spend your time good keep it one day this gone up and up if you are not able to do cleaning do want to hire someone for High Pressure Cleaning Sydney just follow me for Best offers

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get plenty accomplished on a day that you're "dragging!"

    I wash my wool hand knit socks in with the regular wash, too, but instead of drying them flat on a towel, I gently pull them into shape and hang over the wooden bars of our small drying rack in the bathroom. In this time of low humidity in the house, they are bone dry by the time I get my jammies on at night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just look at all those pretty socks laying there on the towel! Isn’t there a lot of satisfaction in seeing your hand knits actually being used? Alex FaceTimed last night and we talked about socks. He absolutely loves his hand knit socks and the sweater I made him. That is really gratifying. It’s fun to knit for people who you know appreciate it.
    I have never had Pioneer Woman’s Oatmeal cookies. I think Dennis would like them too.
    Sorry about the heartburn. Boy, that something I can understand. I hope you had a good nights sleep last night my friend.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you slept well after the awful V 8. You have been busy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!