Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Snow, sleet and freezing rain but no loss of power...whew!

Late yesterday afternoon it started snowing but just for a few minutes then it sleeted and then it rained and thundered and lightening and the temp was just at that freezing mark but by morning all was fine and today the sun was out! 
I baked my oatmeal crispies last night and prepped for this crockpot tortilla soup that I threw together this morning.  It's been cooking all day.........

 I also made some homemade tortilla chips but they got a little bit over done...but I'll eat them anyway....I'll make some more tomorrow and adjust my timing as evidently I have a HOT oven....hotter than normal..........lol! There's also avocado, cheddar cheese and some lime juice to go on the soup too....
 Last night I worked on this cross stitch as I am calling it Turkey Tuesday.....there's no pattern so I am doing it from just eyeing the picture...........
Today I worked on tissue cover #3 and hope to finish tonight.......
I will update you all soon on my Konmari, painting, and books.  I am really tired lately and hope I snap out of it soon!  Today is Witchy Wednesday so I'll be working on the Button Eyed Cat again.  I hope you had a great day and did something you enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you didn't lose power! This kind of weather is always a drain on energy. Best to stay inside where it's cozy and fibernate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you didn't lose power, too! Your tortilla soup sounds yummy. And your cross stitched turkey is looking great. I'd think that would take a lot of tenacity to do that from just a picture. And I'm not the least surprised that you have it. Hope you have a good rest tonight and get to feeling less tired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a little bit of everything with the weather last night. I’m glad that it was better today and the roads weren’t frozen. We had about three more inches of snow last night. I honestly don’t think that this winter is ever going to end. We haven’t been above freezing in weeks!
    You are one talented lady, that you can cross stitch something without a pattern. I could never do it just by looking at the picture.
    Your soup looks absolutely delicious too. I admire your persistence in making your own tortilla chips. I know I would just give up and go buy them at the store. I’m sorry you’re feeling so tired. You would never know it by all that you get done. You need to take care of yourself my friend.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had snow that turned to rain, so it's all melting here now. Wed was very productive for me. Deep cleaned under and around the bed, etc. I have a bit more in the bedroom, but it's much cleaner now. I also made progress on the baby blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I love Leigh's idea of "fibernating!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!