Saturday, February 16, 2019

Happy Saturday!!!

As usual, I did not get everything done I wanted to yesterday or today....maybe 20%?  LOL!  But I will eat good tonight!  A gal has to have her priorities!
Yesterday I finally got a cupboard cleared out....there was 'no room in the inn'!  Take a look........
and this was everything that came out of it..........

Some of those items I don't even eat anymore and some had no business in that cabinet to begin with..........emptied and washed.............
I wanted to utilize my Ball jars and the new lids so I put a bag of black beans in one but they wouldn't all fit........I guess I'll have to have 2 jars for each item?  The main jar and a 'back up' jar?  I got the fine point white paint marker but it is too fine.  I'll have to get the medium point and more jars and more lids.
  I put it back together but there will be more organizing and 'pitching' as I go through the other cupboards.  I threw out a bunch of expired stuff and things I do not eat anymore.....filled a whole garbage.....I don't know how all of that stuff fit in there?!?
My herbs are all up and doing well...........

Teeny, tiny mint................
Basil....

and Cilantro........

Yesterday I also toasted my spaghetti squash seeds.....they're gone! LOL! 
Today I was going to chalk paint my headboard which is an old door that I painted and stenciled when my kids were babies..........I think it's time!  I should have given it to the ex and his wife on their wedding day! LOL!
But I also needed to make a meal and a dessert so this is what happened instead............
2 spinach quiche and some gingersnaps from the frozen roll of them...........I guess the headboard will have to wait until tomorrow!
What have you been up to lately?
Happy Trails!!!

5 comments:

  1. It's puzzling when you find things in cabinets, on shelves, in drawers, etc. that you have no recollection of having. :o/ Don't know if this is a bad sign (sliding down the slippery slope?) or if we can really blame it on our minds being way too full of to much data we have to store (and sometimes remember) these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you certainly are keeping yourself busy...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those quiche look wonderful! Nice job on the culling of the cupboard. I am sure you found things you didn't remember having.

    I laughed so hard about the headboard as a wedding gift. Why do we always think of these things AFTER the fact?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quiche looks wonderful. I do love quiche. I never think to make them though. I cleaned out two kitchen cabinets last week with the same result. I filled 2 1/2 garbage bags and the cabinets are so much neater. Why do I let them get so badly disorganized? Happy Sunday!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you! Cleaning out cupboards! I need to do that too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!