Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Busy as a bee!!!

Spring is coming too early...I'm not ready.  I like long winters.  I wanted to work outside today because the weather was supposed to be nice but unfortunately my cat, Grace, did something on my bed that made me have to strip my sheets and wash them and my comforter and blanket.....then we lost power.............I did manage to wash my rugs and get them out on the line.............
but no weeding or mulching took place and it's supposed to rain for the next 2 days now.  I did prep my squash seeds for toasting....tomorrow...they need to dry..........
I picked some more greens for a salad tonight.......

and I printed off a plant inventory which is really nice ............I still need to find out how much of each plant I need to plant for one person to get through until the next season........you can get this printout at MellisaKNorris.com.  I was going to link it for you but lost it when the power went out......
So, the bed's remade and now I am going to take a bath and have my supper.  I hope your cat didn't leave you any 'surprise'....what is up with my animals?  Some days I think they hate me!  Tomorrow out comes the rug shampooer!  I know they're old but really?  Annie goes in the house and then barks to go outside where she does nothing.......I think they're all senile!  I love them but this is getting ridiculous.  I think God is wanting me to stay here because I certainly can't have my house shown in this condition and I can't keep up with it!  Woe is me but it's okay.....it could be worse....at least I have a home and the girls aren't in pain or suffering and neither am I.  Forgive me for complaining.  I hope you had a great day....blessings to all!
Happy Trails!!!

7 comments:

  1. Cleaning up after our pets can get old really quickly! But we are responsible for them, so what can we do?

    You are one of the few people I've ever heard say that they like long winters. I do, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring?!? We keep being teased by warm weather and then snow. It's kind of been an interesting winter here, but I'm not ready for spring yet. About mid-March I'll be ready. Your rugs hanging on the line looks really industrious, girlfriend. You're putting me to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you. One of my grand dogs hiked his leg on my comforter so all my bedding got washed this week too. Spring is teasing us too. We get to 70 degrees and then the next day it is rainy and 55. But at least we had a winter this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today my granddaughter who has been trained since Christmas had two "accidents" One resulted in puddles on two carpets. Then my four year old grandson had a bout with diarrhea that was very embarrassing to him. Perhaps this was just a potty day for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can’t even imagine it being spring yet. It just keeps snowing, snowing and snowing here. More is forecast for tomorrow, Friday and Saturday. And let’s not even talk about next week.
    I’m sorry about your kitty accident. They do have a tendency to do those things. But we love them so much we wouldn’t be without them. Your rugs hanging on the line look like spring to me. It gives me hope.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the weather is nice today! We've started off cold but it's supposed to be beautiful later. I don't think I would have the patience for pets...and the messes. I can't keep up with my own messes! hahaha! Happy Valentine's day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It makes my heart smile to know that you are getting ready for spring planting and gardening. We are so far from that here, I can tell you. In fact the adage around here is ~no planting until after Mother's Day.

    Poor old pets. They certainly have some wonky days, that's for certain.
    Our old dog gets an upset tummy is we change his food, even the slightest bit.

    Love the rugs hanging on the line.
    Smiles :)
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!