Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Spring has sprung in the Ozarks!

Here's the 'runaway'......no worse for wear and tear.........I tie her up when I'm not out there with her.....I don't trust her now...........
I got a lot done yesterday surprisingly.  I went to the bank and got some checks and paid the last bill of the month.  I dug out my stickers for my bullet journal which I had 'misplaced'....every time I clean and/or organize I cannot find things!  What's up with that?  I got the Kilz from the basement to use on the headboard I'm painting as the stenciling is bleeding through. I washed the parts to the Instant Pot and prepped for my next meal.  It's that time of year to start eating out of the freezer to clear it out so there's room for 'the harvest' including Spring/Summer berries.  I also printed off a chart that tells you how much of each vegetable you should plant per person in order to make it through a year. I cleaned Grace's 2 litter boxes.  I felt like some progress was made along with Nitty being home...that's probably what motivated me.  I worked on my Hawk Run Hollow January cross stitch last night.  Oh, I also baked the rest of the package of corn tortillas which is mindless but takes a while.
   Here' s the proof that Spring is here and coming to a neighborhood near you!  Actually these were blooming 3 days ago but with the Nitty issue I could have cared less. 
The birds are singing and buds are popping..........these are on the Bradford Pear tree
I don't think this is the first dandelion as I think they are year round here....all the weeds are!
I worked outside this afternoon as it was in the 60's perfect 'working outside' weather.  I weeded the trough.........
and weeded and mulched a wash tub with bulbs in it..........hyacinth opening up..............
 I started weeding the NE flower bed but didn't finish as my back said "enough"............
 I cut back my hydrangea...not sure if you're supposed to but there was a lot of old dead wood..........
 It's on the far left against the brick...........
 I came in and baked a roll of refrigerator cookies and now it's time for my supper.........the girls have been fed already.  I even sat in the sun and did a little crochet on a break....that sun felt good!  Never fear though they have snow showers in the forecast for Sunday here! LOL!  This evening I'm working on garden plans and seed order.  I made a gardening notebook today so I can keep track of everything.  What have you been up to?  Any signs of Spring where you are?
Happy Trails!!!

4 comments:

  1. I’m so glad to see Nitty laying there. What a sweetheart. You’ve been busy once again. I can’t believe you have flowers. I’m looking at about 27-28 inches of snow in my front yard right now with more in the forecast tomorrow and Thursday. Burr! Have a nice relaxing evening my friend. You deserve it. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice proof of life photo of Nitty! I was getting ready to send you a sympathy card...glad you don't need it!
    No spring here ...just more snow. I will enjoy your spring:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we were getting into spring like weather. I have a lot to weed this year. Looks so nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Nitty is home!!
    I am so glad that she is back with you once again.
    We had an old dog years ago, and she would forget how to get home when we would go for a walk... 'OLD ~TIMERS' had really set in with her, so we had to keep tabs on her whenever she was outside.

    You did get a lot done..nice job!!
    We've had warmer temps as well the past few days; in the 40's.
    We know that more winter is to come, and so we will make hay while the sun shines :)

    Smiles :)
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!