Monday, February 25, 2019

It's a miracle!!!

Nitty is alive and well!!!  I can't believe it!  I got a call from Animal Control that she had a message over the weekend (they're closed on the weekends) that a woman spotted a Rottweiller one street over from me.  The animal control gal went looking but of course, that was several days ago...no sign this morning of her.  She said she would keep an eye out and call me if she saw or heard anything.  About 20 minutes later she called back and said..."We've got her!"  I about fell off my chair!  I said really, a Rottweiller?  "Yes" she said.  A man had spotted her and put her in his car and brought her out to Animal Control and put her in one of their cages over the weekend and gave her food and water and left them a note.  She didn't see her until she went out back to check on the other animals!  OMG!!!  They brought her home to me and she is safely ensconced in the garage.  I have her leash and collar and plan on getting a 'tie-out' for her in the yard so she can lay out there when the weather is nice.  I sort of wondered why she would go off to die as she's eating, drinking and eliminating just fine and doesn't seem to be in any pain.  It could be dementia though or she's just at an age where she doesn't feel the need to follow the rules anymore.  I can understand that! LOL!  I'm going to ensure we go on walks again however short lived they might be.  Everyone needs a change of scenery. I am so blessed to have her back and I thank you all SO much for your kind words as it gave me much comfort.
Thank you all for your prayers....I know it helped.....it is still hard to believe but she's home!!!
Happy Trails!!!

9 comments:

  1. Can you say PTL?!!!! I was depressed all day yesterday thinking of your heartache. My tears are of joy today. Give her some extra ear scratches from this Arizona fur baby momma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - this is just wonderful. I am so happy for you! I love a happy ending!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe the stress those lovable animals of ours can give us? Such good news. (Is that an understatement?) Guess it goes to show sometimes we just have to keep the faith.

    Geesh, next time Nitty decides to go exploring, ask her to me sure to leave you a note. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! I am so very, very happy for you my friend. I didn’t see your post until yesterday evening because I wasn’t online all weekend. I prayed so many times that you would find her alive and well. How wonderful! You are a good mama to your fur babies. I’m so happy for you. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love good news like this! It's so heartbreaking to lose an animal like that - to never know what happened. What a happy ending, made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. S.I.A.,, so happy to hear you are reunited with your furry kid...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to read that Nitty is okay! A happy ending, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am so pleased, I bet Nitty has never had so many cuddles from the family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah Nitty! So glad she is home!! I am thrilled for you Sam:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!