Sunday, August 5, 2018

YOP Week #6

I started lots of fun projects but did some 'sloppy' knitting this week. Here are my goals I set for this past week:
1)  Keep searching for the I Spy quilts and my Folk Art quilt - I'm erasing this goal as they are evidently in hiding and will only show up when I stop searching.
2)  *Finish the first Felici sock - I mean it....finish it and start the 2nd sock! Accomplished this...this was the 'sloppy knitting I was referring to.  There are gaps and just sloppy stitches for what reason I do not know other than I was 'rusty'.  It's not the yarn as others have raved about it and I had no trouble with it.  I've used the pattern before but I think with the next pair I will go back to Susan Anderson's basic sock pattern or her Smooth Operator.  Hopefully washing them and blocking will help.

 3)  *Finish the next pattern repeat on the Falling Leaves scarf (20 rows) - completed this goal and I an loving this project but it is definitely not to be done in front of the t.v. or when I am tired.  I didn't need to utilize the 'lifeline' on these 20 rows so I took it out and put in another one before I start the next 20 rows. 

4)  Cut and sew up my daughter's Frida Kahlo basket
5)  Sew soles unto slippers
6)  Cut material for next pickle dish and get started sewing it
7)  cut binding for Sampler quilt
8)  cut pillowcase material
9)  do finishing sewing on 4th of July pillow - for sure!

I did nothing on goals 4 through 9.....but I am hoping to have a sewing/cutting session this afternoon.  The problem is I can pick up handwork easily for a 15 minute break but sewing requires a commitment of time and action which at the end of the day I am not willing to make.  I just want to recline  and do handwork.

10) start embroidery on PINS pin cushion - I did start this and enjoyed it............it's been years since I've embroidered so I need to hone my skills for sure but not bad for my first try.  This is a project for me so imperfections will not bother me.  I'll get better with practice.


I did update Ravelry this week...finally but I need to again after starting all these projects.  I know it's not for other 'crafts' besides knitting, crocheting and spinning but I manage to put them in there anyway and why Ravelry doesn't expand to other 'fiber arts' I don't know.  Most knitters and crocheters I know also do other crafts.
I watched Adelaid Cottage podcast and also Priscilla and Chelsea.  Adelaid Cottage is having a Harry Potter blanket KAL or CAL and I haven't committed to it ...yet.........but you know how I love blankets!  I did participate in the weekly themed x-stitch SAL's with Priscilla and Chelsea....that includes Witchy Wednesday where I started this Halloween Cat............
    Fall Friday I started this Pumpkin Spice Farm.......
and for Stars and Stripes Saturday I was supposed to 'finish'/sew my 4th of July small pillow ornament but instead I started this.............
Here's a better picture of my few stitches............
and for Santa Sunday I started this one...............another small item.........most of these last ones were free patterns on the internet............
Then there's Merry Monday but I haven't done that one yet.  The objective is that you actually accomplish more finished items by having multiple projects and working on them regularly.  It keeps you motivated and not bored with being monogomous where you get tired of working on one thing and never finish it.  That's the theory anyway and for me it works...I think.  It's not everyone's cup of tea but I am enjoying the variety so far.  As for the days in between there are other SAL's and there are a few I am very interested in.  There are some pay for patterns for farm themes and bee themes and a Christmas village and some beautiful alphabet samplers I would love to make.  Thank goodness my budget won't allow me to spend too much!  I definitely need to keep working on the crafts room so I will have room for all these new projects! LOL! 

Here are my goals for this coming week:
1)  Start on Merry Monday x-stitch
2)  Finish cuff and leg down to heel of sock #2
3)  Finish the next pattern repeat on the Falling Leaves scarf (20 rows)
4)  Cut and sew up my daughter's Frida Kahlo basket
5)  Sew soles unto slippers
6)  Cut material for next pickle dish and get started sewing it
7)  cut binding for Sampler quilt
8)  cut pillowcase material
9)  do finishing sewing on 4th of July pillow - for sure!
10) work on finishing letter "P" on pins embroidery
11) work on Witchy Wednesday x-stitch
12) work on Fall Friday x-stitch
13) work on Stars and Stripes Saturday x-stitch
14) work on Santa Sunday x-stitch
15) work on hexies for Pickle Dish block #3

That should do it for this week folks!  I hope you had a wonderful week and enjoyed working on your projects.  Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Trails!!!

13 comments:

  1. Love your socks especially the colour and I am in love with the falling leaves scarf. Your embroidery is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have a lot of goals this week! How do you do it? I love your finished sock. I haven't cast on another pair yet, trying to finish some WIPS first!
    Have a great week!
    Ali @ SimplySummerStreet

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous sock! I don't see the sloppy knitting, but I'll believe you. I imagine things will setting out with a wash and blocking. That is an interesting thought behind having multiple projects going - to keep one's interest going. I do admire your stick-to-itivness, Sam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those cheerful socks! The colors make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me tired! I’m so sorry you haven’t found the vanishing quilts yet, but I’m sure they will turn up. I like the idea of having small Crosstitch projects to work on every day. I don’t know if I can do that though. I would probably keep working on each one until it was completed. I plan on being inside a lot this week. Our temperatures are supposed to go up to 105. That would set a record for us. Not a good record! Have a wonderful week my friend.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sock looks great Sam and I love the selection of projects that you have going on weekly. I love seeing all your cross stitch items, and the weekly schedule of different ones for different days. It's an interesting concept to work on many to stop boredom, not one for me but I do enjoy watching others who love to work this way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ll start looking around for the I Spy quilts here - they’ve got to be somewhere!

    I bet the socks will sort themselves out after a few washes and wears. I find sticky needles can make stitches a bit sloppier. That’s one reason I like smooth sharp needles!

    I could never juggle multiple WIPs like that. It would totally stress me out and some WIPs would never get done! Different strokes I guess ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful projects that you're working on!
    I do love that Falling Leaves pattern for the scarf.

    You are an inspiration; planning and working on projects. You get so much accomplished!

    Have a happy day.

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness your lists are so ambitious - I feel like a sloth! lol. I want more info on the Frieda Kahlo basket. the falling leaves is beautiful, but I agree with you that lifeline is a good idea as you go forward.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to laugh, you are exactly right about the quilts! You have again accomplished so much. I hear you about the sewing time, I have to set aside a day really as later in the day all I want to do is sit and knit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your socks appear fine to me. I am sure a good soak and they will be everything you want them to be.

    Dang, I need to get to that Harry Potter KAL/CAL. I looked for it but could not find it. Only the video where Shawna was selling the HP yarn. SIGH

    Your embroidery and cross stitch are lovely. Keep up the good work.

    Those darn blankets.......................You did an excellent job hiding them from the grands. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. The scarf is beautiful. You have a good list going there too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good progress on the socks, and I so love your Falling Leaves, it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!