Monday, August 6, 2018

Monday - August 6, 2018

Today was hot and humid and in the 90's so I got out early this morning to do some work.  I dumped dirt  into my trough as the dirt level  had gone down quite a bit you can see where the red and the white lines are.  It needs more but that was enough for today...........
I had one bag of mulch left from Spring so I did a little weeding and tried to make the one bag go as far as I could which wasn't very far!  They stop selling mulch here in the Spring so I'll have to get some at Lowes when I go to Mountain Home this month.
I need to transplant some of the monkey grass as it does really well in dry conditions.
I thought I lost my garlic chives but I think these are them!  Once the tree came down everything started growing again....
And look at the "magic' lilies!  Aren't they pretty?  The reason they're magic is because they shoot out of the ground almost instantaneously and the next day they bloom!  Magic!
Grace isn't feeling good which scares me after that whole liver issue I went through with her.  She slept in her bed and never crawled in with me last night which she usually does and she's been sleeping all day today.  Her nose is warm so something is wrong but she did eat a bit so I'm hoping she'll bounce back.
I worked on my budget today but not much and need to do more later....I can only take that stuff in small bites! LOL!  It was supposed to be done on Financial Friday but that didn't happen.  I'm trying to get things on a schedule...everything. 
It was also Merry Monday so I started another free cross  stitch pattern by Little House Needleworks and you can get it on her website.  I didn't get too far but I'll work on it tonight too....great for watching Dr. Blake's Mysteries which I love!
I hope you had a great Monday and enjoy your evening too!
Happy Trails!!!








6 comments:

  1. I love those magical lilies. How pretty they are. Do the blooms last more than one day?

    I hope Grace perks back up again. You have quite a time this year with your fur babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Grace. I hope she’s feeling better very quickly because I know how worrisome that is for us pet mommies. Good for you in working on your budget. Dennis does most of that and I just try to keep up with it. Since his degree is in accounting, he loves playing with numbers. Not me! Love those magical flowers. How long will they last? Have a great evening my friend and I hope you’re staying cooler than we are. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry Grace isn't feeling well. So hard when animals are sick, isn't it?

    Early morning is the only time to be outside these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to look for Dr. Blake's mysteries. I watched a Garage Sale mystery and enjoyed it. Now I need to find more of those on tv! Enjoy your day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your sweet kitty is doing better today.
    We've finished all the Dr. Blake shows. Loved them!

    Have a happy day.
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Grace will be okay. Poor kitty :( Your Lilies are magical! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!