Wednesday, January 31, 2018

The best laid plans..........

Remember Monday when I was all gung ho about planning and goals and action!  Yeah well, it started out good but Tuesday went to $#@% in a hand basket!  I had my day planned out really well and got going as soon as I got up.  It was garbage day so I got that out to the road and then I had errands to run...I went to the bank, the pharmacy, the dollar store and the grocery store here in town.
When I was at the pharmacy I asked the pharmacist if any of the medicines I take would cause my AST (liver test) to go high and she said 'no'.  Then when I got home I called my RA doctor to see if they could tell me what to do since I hadn't heard from my GP.  They said they had no access to the blood work I had done.  So, I called the nurse at the GP's and asked her to send the results to my other doctor.  Then I called to make an appointment for Grace, my cat who hasn't been feeling well and didn't seem to be eating much.  They said if I got there there in 30 minutes they could see her.  So, I dropped everything and took her to the vet.....$192.00 later she had an IV because she was dehydrated and blood work which indicated she was jaundice and having liver problems!  What is this National Liver Month or something?  I got home about 4:30 p.m, no dinner made, few priorities done and totally in shock about Grace.  If I can't get her to eat they will have to insert a tube in her neck and MOI will have to tube feed her!  Poor Grace!  So, it was a very disheartening day and get this......while I was gone the nurse called me back and this time she left a message....to call her back! LOL!  By then it was 5:00 p.m.  I was done for the day!
In reviewing my 2 days of "action plans" I was already behind in everything!  But here's part of what I got done on Monday.........it seems miniscule but it makes me feel good when I look at it.........plus, there's an empty shelf on the bottom......now that's progress!
 Today is making piecrusts, making Green Chile Spinach Quiche, laundry and trying to catch up with what I didn't get done yesterday.....wish me luck and please send some good thoughts Grace's way....she is a sweet soul.
Happy Trails!!!

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise, that is not me you hear chuckling. Really, it isn't. You see, every night, I sit down with my bullet journal and mark off the things I had scheduled and completed for that day. What is left over gets moved to the next day and then I add what I want to complete for that day to it. I have had "take down the outside Christmas lights" on the list since January 6th. So you see...........well planned days do not always go the way we plan them to.

    I do hope Miss Grace gets better. How sad for one of the fur babies to be icky. And with liver issues just like her mom too.

    I see the pharmacist was no help with the drug suggestions. I sure hope you can get to the bottom of your high AST. It is quite disturbing to have something out of whack when you don't feel bad.

    You did a great job on the getting the cabinet all organized. It looks quite nice and has room for more books too. That is always a plus.

    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so sorry about the day you had yesterday. There do seem to be days like don’t there? Poor Grace. I will definitely keep her in my prayers, along with you my friend. Hopefully you can get to the bottom off what’s happening with your liver. So strange that both of you are having problems with your liver.

    Your cabinet looks very nice. My goal today was to clean the desk off in the office and I actually got it done in between my foot doctor appointment and my dentist appointment. Thank you for the comment about the foot doctor. I agree that next time I see my GP I’m going to ask him about that. It doesn’t seem right that they can’t do anything. He did the bloodwork for rheumatoid arthritis last year and it showed no problems. The foot doctor seems to think it’s osteoarthritis. Oh well. Just another thing. I hope tomorrow is better for you my friend.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they can help you with your pain...I do have RA so maybe it's different for other kinds of arthritis? I'm not a doctor I only play one on t.v.! LOL!

      Delete
  4. It's so true about making plans...we always say we are on plan b or c...or whatever! Hope today was better and Grace is okay! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it happens but the 2nd day after my big "reveal"? LOL! It's like the leprechauns were just waiting for me to make some plans before they 'tripped me up'. Oh well, it could always be worse!

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh Sam, my thoughts and energy go out to Grace and to you! Poor little thing...Plans be damned when a sick pet is on the table. I would drop everything for our little furballs anytime. Sending hugs!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I felt so bad as I just thought she had a cold or something....every once in awhile they have warm noses for a few days and kick back but when I saw her empty litter box and she wasn't eating I knew it was not good! So glad I got her in when I did. But yesterday I forgot to put her food up and Annie ate it so I couldn't tell if she has eaten anything or not. I'm hoping today is better and that the appetite enhancers are working.

      Delete
  6. So sorry to hear about Grace. You are right though about cleaning and organizing. Even the smallest job is full-filling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My happily starting Tuesday ended up putting a wringer into my week, too! I finally blogged about it yesterday. Here's hoping you have had a better week following Tuesday. I'm sorry your Grace is not feeling well and hope her medications help. I also hope you get answers to your own issues that you need. That cabinet! It's beautiful! The empty shelf is nice too. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I'm four days behind, I hope Grace is doing better; what a shock. I'm sorry you've had to deal with so much. Hugs. The quiche sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no I hope Grace is feeling better soon. You too maybe they made a mistake with your test results ask for a re do! :) Stay calm you can only do what you can do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!