Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Wednesday...........decorating? Hardly!

I think I am averse to regimentation....I am self disciplined but each day the priorities shift and no matter how I plan it something gets in the way.  I was planning on painting today and even had the shelf set up and then the Terminix guy called and wanted to stop by and do my service.....at their convenience.  I said yes but then I have to bring the girls in and the garage door has to be open and I have to move my car.....there went my painting in the cool morning.  I also had to ask him about my termite protection of which there has been none....ended up that I am done with Terminix....long story.  So, I called around for another service and they have to come out and give me an estimate and do an 'inspection'........an inspection?  That word makes my blood run cold....like 'unexpected company'! LOL!  So, I ditched the painting and started cleaning up the house!  I ran the Spotbot which I have been meaning to do and put things away at least in the rooms they are supposed to be in.  When you live alone it is a very slippery slope when it comes to a clean house!  After all, these are supposed to be 'The Golden Years' not the cleaning years!
I was all ready to paint my shelf............
but then got the Spotbot out and started taking care of business...........
Of course, I had to make my Spotbot detergent...one thing leads to another...........I use an old juice container and I have the recipe on the side.  I got it on Pinterest awhile ago but I don't put it on my blog unless I've used it and it does the job! 
 I also put a line on the container where it is 1 1/2 quarts so I can just fill it to the line with warm water and add the other ingredients and shake it  up.  Much cheaper than the 'official' Spotbot cleaner they sell for an arm and a leg.
So that was the 'cleaning' for the day...now on to finances.........calling around getting prices for termite and pest control was definitely part of it but I also managed to print off some budget sheets but that's as far as I got..............

 Ive' budgeted before but it was always by hand on a piece of notebook paper and I wasn't very 'regular' about it.....hopefully with a nice printed out sheet like this I will do better!
 As for cooking..............I made homemade tortillas for pizza tonight.............this is before you roll them out...just hand flattened and left to rest for about 15 minutes.  I used my Kitchen-aide with the dough hook and I'm glad I did..............

Then you roll them out with a rolling pin......mine were either heart shaped or kidney shaped...I could not get them very round or consistent but I'm alright with that..............
then into the pan..............

and voila! 
16 tortillas for me....oh, except for the one I ate.....I had to taste it! LOL!  Much better than store bought if I do say so myself.  I'll put a link to the recipe in my post tomorrow.
The only decorating that took place around here today was Mother Nature............
Happy Trails!!!




11 comments:

  1. The best laid plans and all...doesn't that seem to always be the way it goes? Sorry about Terminex. I've heard mixed reviews about them. I hope the new company is better. Thanks for the spotbot recipe. I've got to do a bit of that myself when I get home. Taking a year off of all but "normal" housework leaves some extra jobs to do. Those gorillas look wonderful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not "gorillas" it should have been "tortilla's". Gotta love autocorrect. I should have caught that. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know all about plans changing, and getting a house "guest" ready. The kids could care less, but I am the opposite. The tortillas looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tortillas were good and they make great little pizzas!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness! I don't know which was prettier, the tortillas or the hydrangeas! I haven't made homemade tortillas in ages. Well the best laid plans of mice and men right? The best way to have a day go awry is to make a plan for it, that's why I just "wing it" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's the first time I've ever made them...I'll be doing it again!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you....I can't take the credit...I just water them when needed! LOL!

      Delete
  6. Hi Sam :)) Love the tortillas!!! Congrats on making them, that's one thing I have not mastered yet, and you know why? I'm too, ahem, "rententive" (lol) about making them round! But we eat so many I should really make more of an effort. I'll watch for your recipe!

    I'm like you, "inspection" would have made me shudder and have an anxiety attack lol...I HATE any kind of company, besides the canine variety. Too bad you didn't get to paint though.

    I have a running budget on Excel. It's the only way I can keep track of everything. I'm in charge of the money and spending in our household, mainly because I have that accounting background and I can be even MORE retentive with it lol! Once every 6 months or so, I redo it all and plan out for the next few years. My income is pretty steady so it's easy. Alex's varies depending on the month and how much he works, but we somehow make it all work.

    The flowers are so beautiful. We are having frost at night now, so this week I have to close up the summer garden and get the winter one going. The flowers are all wilting now, so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty Hydrangea!! You are so adventerous with trying new things!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!