Monday, September 25, 2017

Monday Book Date!!!

 Mondays are always busy here on the homestead...how about you?  Still not reading so much.  A couple times it was because my eyes were irritated by nightfall and I just had to rest them.  Whether allergies or strain I'm not sure but that's my story and I'm sticking to it! LOL!
I'm still reading this one and actually, I haven't read much of it this week...........I really need to finish it!
I've been diverted by this gem of a book............these essays are so good and so well-written that I don't know why she bothers with writing her 'romance' novels but maybe they pay the bills?  Her real talent is in writing about her passions and her story.........but then I have not read any of her fiction books so I should not judge!  But this one is so welcoming at the end of the day...........
I finally finished this magazine....there isn't a National Geographic that I don't love and learn from....wonderful publication!
Now I'm reading the Fall issue of Pioneer Woman.............
 I'm also reading this magazine from Australia that I love and was able to download it to my Kindle app for a very reasonable price.  I especially love it because my friend, Helen Phillips, has an article and instructions on making her darling stuffed bunnies!  They are so cute.  Helen is on my sidebar and her latest post shows the bunnies and the magazine so I had to get it!  She is so talented!
I got this book in the mail last week that I ordered....it's been on my 'bucket list' for many years and I cannot tell you how many times I have started with the intention of reading it in its entirety and fallen short every single time!  But at my age it's now or never!  I have several Bibles and even a student Bible but when I ran across the text online I knew this was the translation for me....it is The New Living Translation Bible and it reads like a novel.....I was even able to get through the 'names' sections....if you know what I mean.  It was very reasonably priced, has a beautiful cover and comes in large print (which I probably should have gotten).  I had been reading it online but I really wanted a physical edition and I'm so glad I got it......I'm almost finished with Exodus which is the 2nd book in the Bible....I have "miles to go before I sleep"!

TIDBITS:
I don't know if you have Amazon Prime or not but if you do they have free Prime books you can download and free t.v.shows and movies and magazines!  I got Rachel Ray's magazine, National Geographic and Country Life or Country Woman...I can't remember now.  As if I don't have enough to read! LOL!  But they are FREE!!!  I like that!
  Also, Alicia Paulson, who is on my sidebar as Posy Gets Cozy, had a post not long ago where she asked people to recommend books to her that were not depressing and she put it together in a list which is several pages long!  I copied it to a file and printed it off.  If you, like me, do not care for depressing books you should go check it out!  It's an amazing list and thank you to her followers and to Alicia for taking the time to put it all together.  You might have to go back several posts as I can't remember where it was but it wasn't too long ago! 
As for t.v., I'm still watching Father Brown and I'm on season 3 now.  I've watched a couple podcasts of The Grocery Girls, Ruby Moss Cottage and Maker's Haven.  No movies at all so you can tell I've been busy!
For those of you who like to hear about the 'day to day' like I do from other bloggers.....here's what I was up to today......
cleaned 2 litter boxes
1 load of laundry washed, dried and folded
did some cooking
paid my annual property taxes
changed my sheets
cleaned my tub
checked bank balances
ordered snowflake buttons for my cross stitch pumpkin
 checked doctor appointment next week
 gave the dogs their monthly Frontline and Heartworm meds
listened to 3 episodes of Daily Hope with Pastor Rick Warren while working around the house
found some material for binding quilts
read some blogs
blogged

That's about it for today!  I'm trying to clean, cook, and do something in finances each day to stay on top of things........wish me luck! LOL!
I hope your week is off to a good start!  Happy Trails!!!






7 comments:

  1. You accomplished quite a bit on that list you have. I didn't do so well yesterday. Digging up carrots took longer than I thought it would. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But look what you have to show for it! Homemade carrots! LOL! Yummy!

      Delete
  2. You are the busiest woman I know! heehee! I would NOT be able to keep up with you. But it would be fun to share books and discuss them with you. I haven't been reading as much either...I'm between good books and have started...and stopped a few not so good! Enjoy your day! Not a cloud in the sky and I feel better! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling better and we have had lots of sunshine here too but I am still too hot! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have Amazon Prime but we probably should have! I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought about it a good long time but because I order so much online I thought the free shipping alone would be worth it but there's lots more to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for finding free books on Prime. I bet the Pioneer Woman mag is fun to browse. I don't subscribe to any magazines any more because they just pile up and sit in dust. I should go through the knitting ones I have and rip out what I like and put the patterns in a binder.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!