Thursday, October 23, 2014

Thursday already?

 Creepy Picture of the day............
Yesterday I finally got around to changing my sheets. I usually do it on Sunday or Monday.  I did a load of laundry and took recycling. I went out and collected acorns and yes, they're finally turning brown although I did grab a few green ones. I'll post pictures tomorrow of them and "the tiniest acorns you have ever seen"...they are so cute.  They're about as big as the tip of my little finger.
I'll send some to the grand boys so they can see them.
I worked on financials all afternoon and went through more paperwork.  I'm behind and I am determined to stay on top of it this time! (Yeah right.).  In the evening I watched the news and then Nashville while I crocheted a #1 (the smallest) preemie hat for a boy and then knitted on my daughter's scarf for a bit. The colors are finally starting to change here......yippee!
Here's my Sugar Maple I planted about 10 years ago.
and in the woods.........
The majority is still pretty green though. I think our "peak" is around the end of October.  The lake is through the trees there............
 There's still a few flowers blooming..........
 these are "weeds" but I think they're pretty..........it's a bush full of tiny daisies
and lots of green tomatoes still on the vine............

and occasionally a ripe one....
Today I'm finishing up the financials and paperwork, I have to get the ghosts done, make some pumpkin bread and some regular bread for my new neighbor to welcome her, along with one of my crocheted dish cloths, more laundry, shake some rugs, vacuum, iron and that is what they call "wishful thinking"! LOL!  I hope you have a wonderful day!
Happy Trails!

6 comments:

  1. Whew! I can't keep up with you, I have done the laundry and ironing and dusted and vacuumed. Now I'm done for the day until Bible study tonight,
    Your flowers and plants are gorgeous. Most everything around here is well into hibernation mode.
    Blessings,
    Bets

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a Tasmanian devil of productivity. I like your sugar maple tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Nashville too! I was bored this past some. Decided to check it out with all the hype and the fact that my mum watched it. I got hooked.

      Delete
  3. Hope you got it all done. Up here the acorns can have little worms that crawl out of them...just so you know:) That tomato looks wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking very autumnal with you, and sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy inside!
    You have a great crop of tomatoes, and even if they don't all ripen there's always good old green tomato chutney!
    Keep warm and busy Sam!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our leaves are finally falling to the ground. I too have a bit of color left around the homestead. I really need to file some bills today, but I think I will exercise first. I want to get porch time in today too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!