Saturday, July 28, 2012

Awesome Opening Ceremonies! Thank you U.K.!!!!

I hope you got to see the Olympic opening ceremonies as it was fantastic!  I thoroughly enjoyed my evening!
I made myself a little cocktail in honor of the celebration.........cherry limeade with a little rum and some blueberries.  It was sort of red, white and blue for team U.S.A..........Go Team!!!!!!!

My poor basil plant wasn't doing well in all the heat so I potted it up and brought it in the house.  I sure hope it recovers!
I finished reading a book.........

This was a good mystery but so many characters I couldn't keep track of all of them and it got confusing.  My first hint should have been her list of characters at the beginning of the book.  I'm thinking this is a series and you need to start at the beginning of the series in order to keep from getting confused which really distracts from the story.  It had a good plot though.  She writes "cat" mysteries and the animals in it have their own conversations.  Pretty cute!
 I also finished this special publication about the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.........
  It was very interesting with lots of history and accompanying historical photos of the lineage, major events and personal information about the Queen.  I am enamored with the U.K. this year and I think a lot of it has to do with all the blogger friends I've made that are from there.  They are just the sweetest and very talented too!
Tomorrow is the YOP update and I've made some great progress this week and also have an FO (finished object) so please tune in tomorrow!  If you're not too cross-eyed from watching the Olympics like me! LOL!
Have a great Saturday night!

3 comments:

  1. My basil has stunk this year too. I love anything about England. I was watching too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great evening watching the ceremonies. The drink sounds refreshing. Look forward to seeing more of your finished projects. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had trouble with my basil this year too. I had it indoors for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!