Monday, March 25, 2019

My treasures arrived!!!

I was so happy!  I got the Knit Pick's crochet book which I already love and will make all the things!  I was going to wait until July for the new YOP but heck no!  I went right in and got some worsted cotton and started on the first pattern...a dishcloth.  I couldn't wait. 
I also got my sock yarn to make my Blueberry Waffle socks but when I printed off the pattern it calls  for DK weight  yarn not fingering.........dang it!  Oh well....maybe generic is best for me.  I'll probably use my Cherry Heart sock pattern which is my favorite.  But here's the gorgeous yarn!
My floss also arrived........all the pretty colors..........there is DMC, Weeks Dye Works and Gentle Arts...so I have some "fancy floss"!  That's what they call the hand-dyed floss.
  And look at this............my baby tomato plants were born..........amazing!  I only put one seed in each little hexie pot and it looks like the germination is very successful............
I finished The Last Midwife last night and it was very good.  I was surprised because it started off a little slow but then it picked up speed. 
Today I went to the pharmacy and then took the boxes full of automotive stuff to B&J's and they took it all and I didn't have to pay anything.  Now, some of it they can use but some of it was old and probably of no use to them but they will dispose of it for me at no charge.  They are so nice!  It made me feel good to get rid of it all!  Yay Me!
I did laundry, changed sheets and that was about it besides regular daily chores.  It spit rain off and on and was cool and overcast all day.  My corned beef dinner turned out great last night and I will be having more of the same tonight!
Happy Trails!!! 








14 comments:

  1. Wow! It was like Christmas time at your house. I used Knit Picks fingering yarn for my blueberry waffle socks and they turned out great. I wonder if there are two different patterns online? Mine was definitely for fingering, as I used 64 stitches cast on size 2 needles.
    I went to Walmart today to pick up a few things, fully intending to get a corned beef if they had any left. I completely forgot! Dennis said it sounded really good to him, so maybe I will try going again tomorrow morning. Our Walmart is only about five miles down the road from us so it’s not too much of a trek now that the snow is mostly gone.
    I’m glad you were able to get rid of all of your garage things. That was very nice of the shop to take those for you. I wonder if ours will do that when we get ready to move? I will have to ask them next time we’re in.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that Crafternoon Treats converted it somewhat for fingering weight yarn. Many people asked so I must not be the only one. You are such a great knitter it probably didn't even phase you. I'm going to use my regular pattern and incorporate the design or just use my usual sock pattern. I hope you get a corned beef...I am enjoying my second one! LOL!

      Delete
  2. So excited to see what you are making. I love the color of it. Too bad about the waffle socks. Isn't there a way to use the pattern and just adjust it for sock weight yarn? That is some lovely floss you have there. Hooray for the baby tomato plants. I bought a couple of Sandra Dallas books last week. I hope they are good. I am still working on the Mitford Series by Jan Karon. I am on book 6 of 11.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the Mitford books. They may be my very favorite series. I haven't read a 'bad' Sandra Dallas book yet so I hope yo u enjoy them. I am going to do just that....use my regular sock pattern and incorporate the Blueberry Waffle design into it.

      Delete
  3. I love the crochet book and the pretty floss for stitching...those colors are divine! Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty sock yarn! I was looking at some sock yarn with cashmere in it...a person can spend a lot of time looking at sock yarn:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got that right! Cashmere...I haven't tried it yet but ih ave heard marvelous things about socks made with cashmere!

      Delete
  5. KnitPicks! Gosh, I haven't heard that name in awhile. I used to be a regular customer. Love their yarn.

    Congrats on the baby tomatoes! Always a happy sight to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'ts been so many years since I've gardened seriously that I need to go back and re-learn everything!

      Delete
  6. You crack me up... 'baby tomato plants were born'!
    Congrats!!

    Looks like you have some really nice projects there, and I know that you will make some beautiful things.

    Smiles :)
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between the dogs and the plants I do feel like I am doing a whole lot of mothering again! LOL!

      Delete
  7. My pepper plants have not sprouted, so I'm a bit concerned. Everything else is up. I'm washing bedding today, but it's frigid outside, so it's not going on the line.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't even planted peppers yet....baby steps. I may end up buying some plants.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!