Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Moving right along.......but very slowly

Another gorgeous day and I was actually warm working outside..it's 65 right now.  I got chores done in the  morning inside and then went outside this afternoon.  I got the last of the mulch put down but it didn't go very far.  I guess I will be making a trip to Mountain Home next week sometime.
I also cleaned a small corner of the garage.........still not sure if I'm having a garage sale or not...we'll see..........
I found this old BIG mailbox that I need to clean and paint and either use as a mailbox or a planter.  I need a new mailbox and my mailman would love the size of this one! LOL!  The blue container above with all the saws and plastic pipe is from the last garage sale.  More of my step-father's stuff.  Some of them are definitely antique saws and one has an ebony handle....I guess he collected them....out in the garage...lol!
 I found some grape hyacinth growing in the middle of the lawn.   They are healthier looking and with more buds than the ones I planted!  I should probably transplant them.
I planted up a pot of kale but need to mark it still. 
I went to the store uptown and got some maple syrup (organic....couldn't believe our local grocer had organic....wow!) and some potato chips as I was going to make potato chip cookies.  I used to make them when my children were little. It was a good way to use up the crumbs or if they got stale.   Have you ever made them?  I lost my original recipe but found one on All Recipes.  Actually, I think I'm too tired to bother with them tonight.  Tomorrow I'll go to Walmart mostly for dog food....that's where most of my food budget goes! LOL!  It's supposed to rain Friday which will be nice as I have been watering my peas every day and now the kale.  Isn't it supposed to rain in the spring?   Plus, a rainy day gives me an excuse to not have to work outside.  I love to be outdoors but after all winter I'm still getting in shape and working out the kinks!  All that fresh air makes you tired. LOL!
I hope you are enjoying Spring where ever you are!
Happy Trails!!!

5 comments:

  1. My goodness you’re getting a lot done these days. I swept the garage out on Saturday and Dennis cleaned the backyard up a little bit, but we still had some snow on the ground then so we couldn’t do much. Now there’s just a little patch left so maybe by the weekend will be able to be outside a little more. We’re supposed to have rain one day soon too. It would be welcome. It’s a bit overcast right now and in the 40s so not nearly as warm as you have. I’ll take it though, no snow coming down so it’s all good!
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sat/worked outside a bit today! No Robins yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're getting so many spots outside spiffed up and looking great. Those little areas often get overlooked (just ask me) and look so much better with just a little care.

    We've still got lots of snow on the ground along with the emerging mud. Yesterday we had rain, sunshine, cloudiness and hail. Yep, it's spring!

    I know what you mean about spring time kinks here and there in your body. When I start planting I always have a low backache but, happily, it goes away as I keep working outside in successive days. Apparently muscles that haven't been worked all winter long. Or at least not to the extent bending over and planting a gazillion seeds requires!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the excellent mindset, nonetheless is just not help to make every sence whatsoever preaching about that mather. Virtually any method many thanks in addition to i had endeavor to promote your own article in to delicius nevertheless it is apparently a dilemma using your information sites can you please recheck the idea. thanks once more. movers pasadena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!