Saturday, January 19, 2019

Home safe and sound...........

Yesterday was a big long day!  I left about 8:30 a.m. and didn't get home until about 4:00 p.m. but it never stormed while I was out which it looked like it would any minute but not a drop of rain fell.
I went to the bank then got the car filled up and then it was off to Mountain Home.  I went to Walmart first and picked up a dust buster I had been wanting. 
 I charged it last night so it would be ready to 'rock and roll' today and it did!  Awesome!  Just what I needed so I don't always have to pull the big vacuum out with the cord and all.....slick!
 Then I saw this..........a little story.....I saw this last fall at my local Walmart and didn't buy it.  I thought I would go home and think about it first.  I decided I wanted it but when I went back it was gone and they had no more.  Yesterday in the Walmart in Mountain Home....there it was!  So I snatched it up this time!  And yes, I got the turquoise one!  I'll show you again after I put it together.
Look at this which I didn't even know existed......Pioneer Woman shelf paper....I got one of each width for the kitchen when I de-clutter and clean it in the coming weeks/months.  Doesn't it go well with my vintage looking canisters?
I also picked up some coffee beans as I am going to get a French Press for coffee making...they say it beats the Keurig for flavor.  I looked at some 1/2 gallon Mason Jars and they have tinted ones now besides clear....purple and amber.  I need 2 for making sauerkraut but when I saw them I knew I had some that size so I didn't buy them.  I went to the doctor and I have 3 separate tests with time in the waiting room in between.  I passed them all with flying colors thank goodness because if not I would have to stop the medicine I take for RA as it can affect your eyes.....thus the exam and dilation every 6 months.    I have no trouble with the dilation although I do make sure I do my shopping before my appointment.  I did stop afterwards and got a Starbuck's Peppermint Latte for the way home though!
 It was pouring rain when I got up this morning and I had to run to the pharmacy and pick up my meds now that I had the 'all clear' and by the time I headed home it was sleeting.  Then it started snowing fast and hard with huge flakes the size of wafers!  I was in 7th heaven!  Look.......

I am one blessed girl!
Happy Trails!!!




6 comments:

  1. So glad you are home safe and sound! We are getting up to 12 inches today and then tomorrow we will have 35-40 mph winds and drifting. Tomorrow night we will get lake effect snow from Lake Erie. We are not going anywhere! Retirement is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness but you had a busy, busy day! Glad the exam went well and you can continue your meds. AND, really glad that you got home safely today. I’ve been thinking about getting Dennis a French press so please give us a review when you try it. You found lots of fun things. I’ve been looking at that turquoise cart too. :-). Stay warm and inside my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing you had your appt before the snow came. Looks like winter there now! Stay warm! Glad your appt went well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, glad you made it home before the snow and sleet set in. But it was beautiful. I love a good snow storm - especially now that I don't have to go out in it. Cheers. Elaine (Retired Knitter)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site. Fire Place Sounds

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you looking for a cleaning service for your house? And you want to clean your house with professional cleaners. Here are the deep cleaning services Ajax for your service. You can easily hire professional cleaners from here for cleaning your house properly. This cleaning company will give you the best service for cleaning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!