Sunday, December 9, 2018

YOP Week #24


And here's your little bit of Christmas for Blogmas Day #9  Here's the link
I cannot believe I have not discovered her blog before this.....she's amazing!  She has free patterns for knitting and embroidery and tutorials.  After Christmas I will be spending some time over there!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


There are some finishes this week:

 1.  The Advent gifts are done , wrapped and mailed!!!  Yay!!!
To refresh your memory of what was in each of them...........and not necessarily in this order......
1)  There is actually a yellow scrubbie too.
2).  Here's the Chai Tea Mix.............I forgot to take a picture after I decorated the jar...so see the mason looking jar on the right hand side?  Well.........
 I cut out the Christmas Chai label and stuck it on the top of the jar and then punched a hole in the left corner of the square instruction tag and tied it to the jar with butcher's twine.  It looked really cute.  I'll be gifting some others so I'll show you those when I wrap them.
3) Godiva chocolate caramels 4) an Explore More adventure candle 5) A Little House on the Prairie pin 5) A Yankee Candle car scent 6) a little notebook that says Know Your Own Happiness 7) a Christmas dishcloth

8) Cinnamon bath bomb ( I couldn't find my lavender....oh well....of course it turned up AFTER I made them)
9) Scent beads
10) mug rug with LHOTP fabric in it............bad picture, sorry
11)  A Jar of Lemon Curd which I bought.....I never got around to making it
12) I cannot for the life of me remember what the 12th item was!  I did not make the lavender sachets so what was it?  Oh, for heaven's sake...I'm pitiful!  Maybe I'll remember it by next week or when my daughter opens it! LOL!

WIPs (works in progress)
1.  Still working on Uriah's ornament and hope to finish within the next 2 days and then 'finish' (as in make into an ornament)  all 3 of the grands 2018 Collectible Christmas Ornaments! LOL! 
2.  My C2C blanket I started for something mindless.....using stash too!  
3.  I started a cowl or scarf.....today.....what is it when you have gifts to finish up, cookies to bake, presents to wrap that you cast on something else?  Crazy!?!  Although really I am hoping to finish it and give to my most probably future DIL?  I am using a pattern from Fiber Flux and the instructions are so clear with a nice big font.....nary a problem.  I am thinking maybe it isn't always me......maybe it's the pattern.  I'm going to be careful about whose patterns I use.  She used a bulky or super bulky with a size N hook but I decided to try combining 2 worsteds holding 2 strands throughout and I am using an I hook.  These are Red Heart Unforgettable and are supposed to be worsted but they don't look it to me.  We'll see how it turns out....maybe she'll get it and maybe she won't.....the fingerless mitts were for her and we know how those turned out....oh, I didn't tell you.....somehow the bind off went crazy or the knitter....not sure which but it wasn't pretty and I have no idea what happened or how....let's just leave it at that..........
 So, I'm getting down to the wire but I have a few 'back up' ideas in case I start to cut it close.  I have to go to Mountain Home twice this next week!  Really?  I feel like canceling except for the eye doctor.....I need my eyes checked and dilated every 6 months because of the RA medicine I'm on.  I don't want to skip that one!   Anyway.....I want to decorate my home so I can have my Christmas with all the cookies and yarn my fat little hands can handle!  Actually, my hands are the only thing on my body that aren't fat! LOL!

 Finishes so far for 2018-2019:

1.  4th of July xs pillow
2.  Hitchhiker shawl
3.  Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4.  Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles for me
5.  washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6.   Iowa Hawkeye hats for Sam and Grayson
7.  Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline e) charting a graphghan
8.   dishcloth(s)...I need to count them
9. Cubs hat for Uriah
10. 12 days of Christmas Advent gifts


I hope you are getting it all done but not stressing....enjoy it....it'll be over before we know it and next year no one will even remember what you gave them.....ask me how I know! LOL!
 Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Trails!!!





10 comments:

  1. Your 12 gifts are very thoughtful. Well at least the 11 you talked about were lol. Looks like the ornament will be done in plenty of time. He will love it. You do stay busy everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful 12 gifts of Christmas gift for your daughter. I’m looking forward hearing what the last gift actually was. You have so many things on the go. I have three or four projects in the works myself and I cast on something new this weekend too. You’re not alone my friend! Happy Monday! Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many interesting projects going at the same time...you'll never get bored! Guess what? I've been going to Jenny Jones can cook! WOW! She has some wonderful recipes...especially the bread. I would like to try the crispy rolls that only make 8! Have you made them yet? Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't made the rolls but I made another loaf of her bread today!

      Delete
  4. I really like how different your 12 gifts are. You and your daughter are going to so enjoy opening your Advent gifts. I'm mostly doing my Christmas gift preparations online. I do need to get that done, though. With 2-day Amazon prime, it's easy to think I can wait and wait. But that's a poor idea even if it's true. Going now to check out the fiber flux link! Have a good week, Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice advent gifts. I've made many cowls and scarves using patterns from Fiber Flux.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many varied projects, I love reading your posts and smiled when you couldn’t remember what a wrapped present is...that is so me too but you’ve done so much...lucky family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on getting the advent gifts completed and mailed and they each sound like such darling items that it will be such a pleasure for your daughter to open each one and now the 12th gift will be a surprise for you both lol.
    I hope the C2C blanket works out for you and I'm sorry to hear about the mittens. Hope the eye appointment goes well and that you get the Grands 2018 ornaments finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you made it to the Post Office to mail off the Advent stuff! The kids will enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And yet again you have been ultra busy and productive. I'm always in awe at how much you get done. I love how thoughtful the advent gifts are, well done you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!