Thursday, December 13, 2018

Blogmas Day #13 - December 13th

Here's your little bit of Christmas for today.............you might have seen these around but I just love them and such inexpensive decorating except I need to get some floating candles..I have everything else..........

Today was the first of the 12 days of Christmas for my daughter and I...........here are the 12
gifts she sent me..................she even wrote something on each gift...a little hint as to what might be inside.............
 Day #13 was this..............not a real nose
but this...........this is sort of a personal joke between the 2 of us so I got a real kick out it....but it was one of those 'you had to be there' kind of jokes.................in fact I laughed pretty hard on this one!

Today it rained all day long and is still raining as far as I know...........pretty dreary out but a great day for being cozy and grateful that I got my shopping done yesterday!  Another reason for the not so good pictures today.
 I caught up somewhat on housework, laundry and wrapped a few presents...there was a glitch with one from Amazon but it was a Fat Brain Toy which I highly recommend...I will never order their toys from Amazon...one came with all the pieces wrapped in bubble wrap but no packaging whatsoever!
I called Fat Brain directly and they said they sell to Amazon and after that they have no idea what happens but they would never send a toy out like that and I know they are being honest because I have ordered from them many times.  This is the first time I have ordered their toys from Amazon.  They are sending me another one Priority mail....no charge and said to donate the other to charity as without the packaging they cannot sell it.  What a great company!!!  That is so rare but they will get my business without going through Amazon!  BTW when I tried to get help from Amazon they told me to email Fat Brain.  When I called Fat Brain I got a real person on the 2nd ring and never had to get transferred to someone else!  Amazing!  
I finished another gift I was making and put up a few strings of lights.............
and that was my day....oh!  My doctor's appointment for tomorrow is rescheduled for  January and she told me they never charge for canceled appointments...PTL!
I hope you are cozy and warm and full of the Christmas spirit!
Happy Trails!!!




7 comments:

  1. It's so sweet that your daughter it doing this with you...sure makes it fun! Love your lights and the idea of the floating candle. Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nose pencil sharpener. Everyone should have one. I don't know the joke but I laughed when I saw it. Your decorating is coming right along. Looks like a good day to stay in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the other 11 gifts! What a sweet tradition with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I have no idea what the inside joke is, but I laughed out loud when I saw the nose pencil sharpener! What a sweet thing for you and your daughter to do with each other. The floating candle is very pretty. We have had a string of dreary days too, but I would rather have rain than snow any day. I’m glad you got to stay in. Many blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely tradition with your daughter - happiness!
    Have a great weekenend, take care...
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goody! It's come time to begin seeing all the gifts you've received for your advent calendar. I can't even imagine the joke between you and your daughter, but I think that nose is hilarious. And that it's a pencil sharpener makes it even funnier.

    Typically, I have found Amazon resolves issues quickly, except for a recent problem I had and it took me a couple of weeks to connect to the right person (I finally tried their Help Chat, or whatever it's called - and it was instantly resolved. I think I just fell through the cracks prior to that. But all was finally good). That said, it's awesome that Fat Brain resolved the issue for you! Have bought quite a few Fat Brain products over the years and it's so good to hear a good customer service story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your pencil sharpener, you won't lose it! Glad you found a company with great customer service that means so much now a days:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!