Friday, April 27, 2012

Fabric makes me happy and the more the better!!!! LOL!

 In fact my credit card is sitting right in front of me and as soon as this blog is published guess who's going SHOPPING!!!!!  All of a sudden I am in the mood to sew.  It might be the high 80's temps we had yesterday that begged me to put down the yarn and crochet hook and pick up something a little lighter....you think?

Anyway, I've been browsing for over a week now and really didn't have a project in mind until I saw a quilt that Helen Philipps  made and I was over the moon for it!  It is nothing I would have ever guessed I would be attracted to as I have been more primitive, lodge type in my colors and decorating but I had noticed a subtle change taking place since I'd been visiting the English blogs.  Helen just happened to put me over the top!  Thank you Helen!



 I never liked blue, pastels or florals much.........but I do now!!!!  I must admit the fabrics aren't really pastels but if they are they are saturated with color like I've never seen before.  I want to make a quilt for my guest bedroom and my whole decorating scheme is going to change!  Light and bright and colorful and the fabrics that I have fallen in love with will dictate how it all comes together...or not.  So, you see, fabric is making me very  happy right now but as you can tell by my "stash" it needs a "makeover"!


Off I go to "shop hop"!  Have a great Friday and show me your "stash"....I'd love to see your fabric and what you're sewing and if you're not a sewer whatever makes YOU happy! 

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how our taste changes. I taught my daughter how to crochet a few weeks ago. I may start something. I miss it. At least its something productive to do while watching T.V. Have fun shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are going to have so much fun shopping to buy new fabric!
    Can't wait to see what you end up with.

    I'm going over to see the other blog you mentioned.

    Have a terrific, and fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam,
    Nice pictures. I should get all my fabric out, its all in a trunk. Maybe it would inspire me to make something. Your little sewing tin 'I LIKE TO SEW', is cute.
    Now see what you have made me do. I had to order that book you talked about, "NOTHING DAUNTED"ordered it used on Amazon.Looks like a good one.
    Nancy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam, forgot to add that I remember all the Roy and Dale stuff, had the outfits and guns and books. etc. Not to young here.
    Nancy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I crochet all year long, no matter the weather. Need to get back to cross-stitching. Wish I had learned to sew. I love Helen's style. Her color choices for everything always seem to go together. Good luck with your quilt. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. hiii guys visit this site www.meherinternational.com u'll get cheaper rate of yan's n raw material's

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!