Saturday, November 30, 2019

NaBloPoMo Day #30

 This is the last day for NaBloPoMo for 2019 and then tomorrow starts the countdown to Christmas!  I'll be having Christmas tidbits from tomorrow until Christmas.  I was really tired with eating way too much and then laying around.  It's fun at first but then I just have to get moving!  So, it's been laundry and cleaning and then a little Christmas making. Today was supposed to be sunny and warm but instead it is rainy and foggy and warm.
Yesterday I got a lovely Thanksgiving card from Far Side of Fifty.....thank you, Connie!  She makes the most beautiful cards...........and the sentiment was greatly appreciated....you don't know how uplifting it is to get your notes of caring and encouragement.
I also got my xs supplies in the mail and I ordered some of those "Floss Away" bags for holding my floss instead of the cards you wrap the floss around.  The bags are wonderful!  So easy and the floss doesn't get kinky as it does on the cards.  The bags have a space for writing the number of the floss and also a hole for putting the bags on a ring for a particular project.  I'll never go back to those little cards!
Remember Sue, the book fairy?  Well, she is now Sue, the floss fairy!  She showed up at my door with a bag of floss.  She doesn't use it and it came with some yarn she got from someone so she gifted it to me!  Thank you, Sue!
Then, the 'feast de resistance'....my friend Joanie, in New York sent me a whole bunch of cross stitch  stuff!  Just look at all this!  I have wanted one of these cross stitch journals as I tried putting it in with my regular journal and it just wasn't working ...............


Then a pattern and 2 issues of Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher.  I had heard of this magazine but it was the first time I ever saw one...they are really nice magazines!
and more patterns galore!  I love Hands on Design and Lizzie Kate...so cute!
She sent me the entire set of Hands On design Christmas ornaments..............L O V E!
and more................

and more!
 Joanie, I cannot tell you how grateful I am for your generosity.......I'm almost embarrassed accepting it all.  It was definitely Christmas here!  Thanks to everyone!
Happy Trails!!!





12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you got some great cross stitch stuff! I like making cards...and I thought you might need one!
    That spam is just rude...why don't they give up and go away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....I'm not sure if Joanie has done all that cross stitch or just 'down sizing' but I am one lucky recipient! Like I said....you have no idea how much your cards and notes have meant to me....truly!

      Delete
  3. What terrific gifts you've gotten there. And those Christmas ornaments are really something! Have fun with all your new "toys", Sam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to do all that cross stitch but we'll see!

      Delete
  4. You were truly blessed with some lovely gifts from lovely people. It has been so much fun to read your blog daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have enjoyed yours too although I have a hard time keeping up with both writing and reading blogs. I'll see how December goes! LOL!

      Delete
  5. I was happy to read that you will continue daily posting until Christmas. I have so enjoyed your November posts. It has gotten to be a good little habit to come here every evening. What fun it must have been to find your mail box full of such lovely gifts. I am glad to know about the Floss Away bags. I don't like working with "kinky" thread either. I sorted through my floss awhile back and put them in Ziploc freezer bags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i got the Floss Away bags at Fat Quarter Shop online and they weren't too expensive for about 100 of them and you get a metal ring too....a big one to put your bags on for your project if you so choose. Those big Ziploc freezer bags are my project bags! LOL!

      Delete
  6. Sam, my goodness what a wonderful bunch of gifts you recieved. Christmas came early to your house! I love all of those beautiful kits and patterns. And I'm sure that Connie's cards are so very special. Speaking of cards, I thank you my dear friend for the beautiful one you sent me.
    We're all ready for Christmas here. In fact, our family opened all of our gifts yesterday while we were all together. I loved it.
    Much love and many blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That was awesome that you got to have Christmas together! You must all be very organized people! I can barely be ready for the 25th much less if it came early! Glad you got the card.

      Delete
  7. Wow what a treasure trove of goodies you’ve received. Lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!