Tuesday, November 26, 2019

NaBloPoMo Day #26

I'm glad I got outside yesterday because today was 'gloomy doomy'.  It's still pretty warm 63 F but rainy.  There are supposed to be more storms tonight with high winds.  I 'created' just about all day long.  I made a breakfast casserole that needs to be refrigerated overnight.  I made apple cranberry cider in the crockpot...........

and then I made Greek 7 Layer Dip which I have already tasted and it is REALLY good!  Here's the recipe
I worked on some Christmas presents which I cannot talk about as Santa swore me to secrecy!  But I did finally get my printer working again....did I mention it was not printing?  So, I was able to print out the next Blaithin flower (for me anyway).............
 I'm going to kick back tonight and enjoy a cozy evening of cider, dip, rain, handwork and t.v.!
But before I go.....here's your Thanksgiving Tidbits for today.................
I thought these were beautiful!
Here's a whole bunch of good food...............I don't know for sure as I haven't tried them but I do love appetizers....I could make a meal out of them and forget the turkey! LOL!

This had me laughing!

Have a safe and cozy evening and I pray you are not stuck somewhere in an airport or a ditch!
Happy Trails!!!

12 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you have some wonderful plans in place for your evening. Mandy and Alex want to put our Christmas tree up together while they're home so that's what we're going to do this afternoon.
    Stay cozy inside my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad they got there safely. What fun to put the tree up together! Enjoy your very special company!

      Delete
  2. I'm with you on the appetizer front. When I go out to eat, my normal order is from the appetizer menu. They serve way too much food in the regular menu. Those leaf flowers are so pretty. Too bad we don't have pretty leaves here in the desert. I would try it. Sounds like you have a nice cozy evening planned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "Kicking back" sounds like the perfect evening!!! We watched an old 1930ish cowboy movie, in black and white, of course. The Hydrangea square is a beauty. I could live on appetizers - maybe that's all we will have for our Christmas meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the old movies! Appetizers would be great for Christmas especially if you have lots of company and kids are opening presents. People can feed themselves when they're hungry and you won't miss out on anything! Sounds perfect! A pot of chili or soup would be good too or is that too messy?

      Delete
    2. Oh, I think a pot of soup and appetizers would be just the thing for our Christmas gathering. Thanks for the suggestion. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  4. I have to agree with you about appetizers! Once a year my DIL and I go out to lunch and order only appetizers and dessert. Love that meal!

    I always love visiting your blog because your energy level is motivating. Today's a cooking and cleaning day for me, so I need to be motivated in the energetic direction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I take a lot of breaks! LOL! I allow myself a few minutes of handwork and then it's up and at it again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I wish I had seen your post and that wonderful Greek 7 Layer Dip before I made a boring old cheese ball this evening for an appetizer for tomorrow. We're having Italian instead of traditional Thanksgiving day fare. This would have been a perfect fit - and it's something new. To me, anyway. Ah well... I've printed it off for another time. I hope you have a beautiful day tomorrow, Sam. And enjoy all the yummy foods you've made this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lve that rose...I made roses like that (Out of ribbon)for oldest daughters wedding for the pew decorations...I made roses all winter:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!