Wednesday, November 27, 2019

NaBloPoMo Day #27 Thanksgiving Eve!




 I had the "Best Breakfast Casserole" this morning but it's not.  I thought it was very bland.  I know my taste buds aren't what they used to be but this seriously needed a flavor injector!  But I have the whole thing to eat for days now so I'll be dashing some flavor enhancers on it for sure!
I made the 24 hour salad and it is in the frig....for 24 hours! LOL!  I also made the piecrust and the pumpkin and it is in the oven right now!
It was a nice sunny day today and I wanted to go for a walk but I just had too much to do...oh well....rain comes tonight and tomorrow and Friday and more.  My other treasures from 123 Stitch did not come today....maybe it's the snow they got in Utah?  But I ordered it last week before the snow and Fat Quarter Shop had no problem.....I was hoping to have it for Thanksgiving Day.  But never fear I have plenty to keep me busy!
I got a teeny bit of handwork in today but not much!  The beginning of the Hydrangea square for the Blaithin CAL which is probably over by now! LOL!

Here are your Thanksgiving Tidbits for today........I think this would be good any day!
Who knew you could turn your fancy glassware upside down and do this?

This is sick, I know,
but I'm running low on material! LOL!



I hope you have all your chores done for the big day tomorrow and are able to put your feet up tonight!
Happy Trails!!!




11 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I am busy baking desserts to take to my daughter's tomorrow. I had two little granddaughters as helpers. The Pumpkin Cheesecake came out just fine, but my pumpkin pie just bubbled and bubbled and never set up! I finally figured out that we had left out the eggs. Pie number two is in the oven now. I guess I had a little too much help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Pumpkin Cheesecake sounds delish! I just made one pumpkin pie and it is the best crust and pie I've ever made...go figure and no one is here to see it or taste it! LOL! I'll take a picture at least! I can remember my kids running into the kitchen an dI would be counting cups of flour or something and forget where I was! TO this day they know not to bother me as I think I'm attention deficit! LOL!

      Delete
  2. My pumpkin pies just came out of the oven a bit ago. My son always says pumpkin pie smells like Grandma's house. When he gets here tomorrow, I wonder if he will think of her. Well, the weather isn't looking so great for Thanksgiving Day. But, it surely will be a good day for working on the Hydrangea square!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the weather will be great for staying inside and eating and relaxing! Enjoy! Where in AR are you?

      Delete
    2. We are in Eastern Johnson County; kind of between Clarksville and Russellville.

      Delete
  3. What a great idea to do with your fancy drinkware. I just hope I can remember that for next year. I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving. Enjoy the day and share a little turkey with your kitties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about the turkey...they just had a vet on t.v. saying not to give scraps to your dogs because their systems are not set up like ours and it can cause pancreatitis which is so very painful. They didn't say anything about cats but I just don't give scraps to my animals ever. I'm sure it would be okay because they have turkey cat food. Anyway, just be careful with your little cuties!

      Delete
  4. I have the turkey washed, (yes I just read on Connie's blog that we're not supposed to do that anymore), we haven't died yet and I've been washing them for years. I also stuff them! Gasp!!!!!
    I have the jello salad made and the giblets all ready for the stuffing. I'm as prepared as I can be, I guess. It's after 11:00 pm and Alex is at the airport collecting Tara who is our last arrival. Then the festivities can begin. Ha!
    I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving my dear friend. I'm still praying for you each and every day.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your prayers have helped for sure as the grief has subsided quite a bit...I still have my moments but it has not thrown me into depression at all. I function and I know that God has only given me what I can handle and all my strength is a blessing from above. I am so happy that you have your entire family with you to celebrate. As they get older (and us too) it's not easy to get everyone together in one place at the same time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am behind on my squares too...just finishing up the last one from two weeks ago have not tries the new one that was out on MOnday. The pattern is printed out and is on my desk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It took me a moment or two to figure out the cartoon. Ack! (snicker)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!