Tuesday, November 19, 2019

NaBloPoMo Day #19

Another beautiful day here!  I can't believe my good fortune!  65 F and sunny and blue skies!  I got 3 more screens washed and 3 more windows inside and out!  Fresh curtains put up and more laundry done...........
I cleaned a counter and a shelf in my kitchen..........
Trying to go a little minimalist if I can.........I also went for a walk even though my back was hurting from the scrubbing and ladders and who knows what all that I do during the day! LOL!  I walked down to the lake and it was gorgeous....like diamonds sparkling.  It's still really hard for me to take walks as I miss my girls so much.....there are just a zillion reminders everywhere I turn.  I expect to see them out in the yard when I go outside or when I go to sleep at night and I look where their beds were.  
I did manage to make 2 Blaithin solid squares but still need to weave in ends......
and the other day I managed to sew one 9 patch square for the tiny quilt......
And here's your Thanksgiving tidbits for the day!
 
Here's a free Lizzie Kate cross stitch that you can download from her website if you are so inclined...........

 and how's this for a Thanksgiving recipe?  I might have to try this..it looks mighty tasty!
You can go to my Pinterest Thanksgiving board or just Google these items and you'll find them......
I hope you are having nice weather where you are as Winter is coming even to the Ozarks!
Happy Trails!!!

10 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you live within walking distance of a lake, Sam. That's just beautiful. But I sure do appreciate all the reminders (on your walks) of your sweet pets. Your girls. Hugs to you. On a lighter note... That "chilling turkey" picture is hilarious. Thank you for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That turkey is hilarious....thanks the Lord for humor or we would all be crying 24/7!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you're enjoying weather good enough to be able to take walks. Ours is certainly not. Cold, rainy with snow forecast for most of next week. I'm sorry it's still hard for you. So many losses this year my dear friend. Be kind to yourself.

    Your countertops are wonderful. I especially like your tea and coffee canisters. They remind me of the ones in my childhood.
    Wishing you a wonderful day tomorrow my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am grateful the grief comes and goes and doesn't take up permanent residence! Those tea and coffee are old and they were old when I got them back in the day. I've always liked the "old" stuff and shopped thrift stores and antique shops even when I was young.
      I took advantage of these last few nice days because tomorrow it rains and then who knows what. I just ensure I enjoy the nice days and then do the cozy stuff on the not so nice ones. I brought wood in for tomorrow when it rains. Wishing you a wonderful day too.

      Delete
  3. I am still loving those squares! I am hoping to finish my cleaning today. It's a cloudy day here; perfect for cleaning windows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say cloudy days are best for was hing windows. I had to stop the window washing and go grocery shopping today but I got the important ones done. Lucky you...finishing your cleaning.....here it is a never ending project! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Here in Scotland, if you wash your windows on a sunny day, they say you'll bring on the rain!!I know you're probably not thinking of it right now because it might be like replacing your beloved animals but what about a new little friend to accompany you on your walks and keep you company, when you're good and ready? I love that pic of the turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to do minimalist around here too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photo if the lake is breath taking. It does look like diamonds in the sun. Have you ever tried to take your kitties on a walk? I know some people have good luck doing it but started training them when they were babies. Could be interesting. I did have a cat that loved to go on car rides and walks. He was special.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!