Sunday, June 23, 2019

YOP Week #52


 This was totally a cross stitch week as I am busy gathering patterns, supplies and ordering for YOP 2019-2020 and I don't want to start any knitting, crocheting or sewing until then.  

 FO's (finished objects):
1. I finished Stitch Maynia project #5 of 19.......it was a strange pattern and it is not an FFO (fully finished object) just the stitching is done.  Now I have to do something with it! LOL!
   WIPs (works in progress):

1)  I worked a little more on my Quaker Flag..............one red flag stripe done and now a white one is starting.

2) Sew She Did .....I learned that if you outline areas first it goes much faster and no 'counting' as you just have to 'fill in' the outlined areas....brilliant!  When I was little, I loved coloring and I always outlined the pictures first before coloring them in so it makes sense to do it in xs too.
3) I worked on the black cat for Witchy Wednesday and he now looks like a bandit!  I can't believe I am stitching on 40 count....not well, but I'm doing it.  Probably won't do it again though.  I think it's the linen more than anything.  I prefer Even weave....as the name implies.
e
4) I worked on Monthly Monday which is Hawk Run Hollow months of the year.  As you can see I am still on January.  I am not a fast cross stitcher or fast anything for that matter.  Her face looks like a skeleton...I need to go back and check the pattern.
5)  This will be a tea bag holder but again.....some of these free designs are a bit strange like why do designers put one single stitch out in the middle of nowhere?  What's up with that?  I have a bit more to go but not much.  There's a tea cup and kettle to stitch.   Next year I won't need to resort to free patterns.  By then I will have gotten my Stitch Maynia legs underneath me and be ready with projects I love!  Plus, all those wonderful patterns people sent me.
Acquisitions:  none but there will be!



 New Starts Planned: they're all secret! LOL!  There is planning a foot!

YOP Goals from last week:

1. cut fabrics for Pickle Dish #6
2. measure Grayson's blanket and work on
****4.  finish stitch Maynia #5
5.  work at least 4 square inches on Diamond Painting
6.  work on Frida Kahlo basket
***7.  finish plan for YOP 2019-20
****8.  finish planning gifts for July birthdays and Christmas
*****9. SAL for Sew She Did
10.  final finish a xs item
*****11.  get back on schedule with XS days


YOP Goals for this coming week:
1. finalize projects for YOP 2019-2020
2. finish Stitch Maynia #6
3. list supplies needed and order if budget allows
4. keep up with XS 'days'
5. prep for sewing pillowcases for the boys
6. work on sewing Amy's basket together!!!

TOP 10 (or more) WIP's:

1)  Pickle Dish
2)  Stars and Stripes Saturday - America x-stitch - done but needs finishing
3)  Amy's Frido Kahlo basket (July birthday) - done but needs to be sewn together
4)  Pin's embroidery
5)  C2C blanket for Grayson (July birthday) 
6)  Monthly Monday - HRH January
7)  Witchy Wednesday - Button-Eyed Cat
8)  Fall Friday -
9)  Santa Sunday -Old St. Nick - done but needs 'finishing' work
10)  Turkey Thursday
11)  Seasonal Sunday -Summer
12)  Santa Sunday - new house ornament

 Finishes so far in 2018-19: 
1.  4th of July cross stitch pillow/ornie
2.  Hitchhiker shawl
3.  Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4.  Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles for me Sam
5.  washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6.   Iowa Hawkeye hats for Sam and Grayson
7.  Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline e) charting a graphghan
8.   dishcloth(s)...I need to count them
9. Cubs hat for Uriah
10. 12 days of Christmas Advent gifts
11. Cowl for Ben
12. Cowl for Tracy
13. Cowl for Natalie
14.  # 2018 Collectible ornaments for the grands
15.  Cowl for me or gift basket
16.  11 scrubbies for gift basket
17.  1 pot handle cover for gift basket
18.  Ben's Bear's hat
19.  Falling Leaves Scarf
20.  Tissue Box Cover - 5 of them!
21.  Granny Square Shawl
22.  Kathleen Tracy doll quilt
23.  Pumpkin Spice Farm xs
24.  Spring xs
25.  Blueberry Socks
26.  4 scrubbies for a friend


Miscellaneous Trivia:
 It's been a rough week without Nitty but it's getting better...there have been some more 'barks' which always makes me feel better.  I stay busy so it keeps me from constantly thinking about her and missing her. 
 Annie has had a rough week...she's eating fine (nothing will ever stand in the way of Annie eating! LOL!  The girl has food issues!) but she hasn't been her usual happy go lucky self.  I usually take my other dog ( I've always had 2 dogs at a time) with when one is being put down so there is no wondering where they went or why but I couldn't take Annie as I was  having enough stress getting Nitty there.  I think she knows she's not coming back now but I feel bad because she must wonder what happened to her.
Anyway, I received 2 beautiful cards with heartfelt sentiments on Nitty's passing.  One from Betsy and one from Connie who lost her Chance not too long ago.  Chance was a beautiful border collie and he and Nitty were about the same age.
I think this is a card Connie made as she takes beautiful nature photos.........
Thank you so much, both of you and all of you who posted and expressed your condolences.....it was much appreciated! 
There have been some pretty birds in my yard.  I don't feed them but my neighbor does and it gets crowded over there so they hang out in my yard until it thins out! LOL!  I am so lucky!  Not sure what they are but maybe one of you could tell me?  I think the blue one is a blue bird?  But not sure about the brown one....grossbeak?  What do I know?  Nothing!
The peas are done for the year..........it got way too hot for them!  So I let them dry and picked the rest for seeds for next year..........
We had a nice thunderstorm this morning and then there was a respite and now we have a real humdinger going on!  Severe thunderstorm and flash flood.  It's what they call a "frog strangler" down here.  I love a good storm so I am going to go do some relaxing and enjoy the storm and pray the power stays on! 

 Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other YOP'ers are working on.
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and I wish you all a happy, productive and creative week ahead!
Happy Trails!!!  




12 comments:

  1. Hi Sam, yes I took that photograph, did you see the little Dragonfly? I hope you are feeling a bit better, I still bawl about Chance...it ain't easy. Sending you a hug today and pat Annie for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did quite a bit of xs. You may think you are not fast but that might be because you spread it around on several projects each week. If all those stitches were on one project you would see you really do quite a bit! Anyways, it impresses me! I am really looking forward to the new year also. I love the idea of starting a new list and maybe even following it this year.....maybe LOL. I think of you and Nitty quite often. I look at my two fur babies and think of how hard it will be when their time comes. But, like you, I would never let them suffer for my sake. And like you, I will know when it is time.....they will tell me. Peace, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are amazing! Always so productive! Don't wash away with these crazy rain storms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cross stitching is amazing and you say that you are slow, bu not from where I sit that is for sure. As for missing Nitty, I can tell you a story. My dear border collie who I had for 16 years passed 20 years ago. At night when I get up to pee, and then come back to bed, I still turn on the light to make sure I don't step on her getting back into bed. I believe she is still there in spirit. Nitty will always be with you in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little pumpkins, reminds me of your pumpkin spice I like so much earlier in the year. These secret projects you keep teasing us with, will they be shared when you release your new YOP list or remain a secret. You’ve had such lovely projects so far I look forward to seeing what you do next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sam :) What lovely cards you received! :) I love your pumpkins, your cross stitching is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet those cards and the love behind them. Your cross stitch projects are lookin' good, Sam! I keep thinking I want to get back to a cross stitch, but I keep not doing it. What's wrong with me? We call those heavy rains toad stranglers up here. Maybe we have more toads than frogs. ;^) I've been loving all the rain we've been getting. Though we'll all probably pay for it with higher food prices in a few months. Farmers here haven't been able to get all their crops in the ground it's been so wet. No "knee-high by the 4th of July" corn here this year. I hope you have a blessed week, Sam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad it was a better week than last Sam and I hope you continue to be kind to yourself, it's hard on both you and Annie.
    Love the cute pumpkins and looking forward to seeing what you do with the finished piece and you made good steady progress on all your xs pieces, you might not feel like you're fast but you have progress on them all that's some good going!
    Love a new year also, something addictive about nice fresh blank new starts isn't there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Sam. I wasn't online at all yesterday so now I'm playing catch-up. I truly hope and pray that this will be a better week for you and sweet Annie. I think it is confusing for those left behind when they don't understand what happened. Be kind to yourself my friend.
    You are accomplishing a LOT on the cross stitch front. Why have I never thought of outlining a pattern before? That is a great idea.
    I'll continue to pray for you my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad this week was a little better.
    Your cross stitch is gorgeous and I don't know that you are slow as you have, as always, got loads done! Daniel is into feeding the birds at the moment and I can't say that I mind!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ
    Hello everyone, i would like to share my experience on this platform. i have been hearing of Blank Atm for a while and i applied through a few people but i was scammed, not until i found Mr George who saved me from scammers, i got my blank ATM card in 5 days after application and tried the encrypted card in an ATM machine and pos cash store to my greatest surprise i was able to withdraw $3000 and that was the daily rate i applied for. to be honest there is no risk involved the card is not traceable and has an infrared signal that blocks off CCTV during your withdrawals. i just payed my daughters tuition fee and cleared my mortgage debts, i am also richer and started a business that is doing fine. Mr George is really a life saver and he is very genuine. You can contact him with this email address: blankatm402@outlook.com
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Share great information about your blog , Blog really helpful for us . We read your blog , share most useful information in blog . Thanks for share your blog here .
    Donna grassa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!