Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Patriotic dessert and French Toast picture!

I found the picture of the French toast! I'm not sure why it didn't download with the rest of them
and I finally got my patriotic dessert made......in stages..........as it had to chill in between each step.........first the graham cracker and cocoa crust.........very good by the way.........no turning on the oven at all either in this whole recipe..............
then the filling.....................
and finally the berries............
It's very good and not too sweet at all..............great for company but I don't think I'll make it just for me again but I've always wanted to try it.  I used (once again.....)  Chef John's recipe from All Recipes and it is called No-bake Cheesecake Flag Cake.
Yesterday was a no progress day in reality..........I planned on mowing so I got out and picked up all the sticks in the yard, filled the mower with gas and sprayed myself with Off to no avail.....the mower wouldn't start so I called my mower guy and he came over and said the battery was low so to charge it overnight.  Then I had to pick up a prescription I had called in early that morning but when I went to pick it up they said the doctor hadn't faxed it over yet.  They gave me a few pills to hold me over.
It was garbage day so I did get that out and I worked on my Stitch Maynia #4 and the sock #2 gusset but it stormed this morning so now it's wet.  Another storm is coming and the mower did not start.....at all.  It may be time to "throw in the towel" and hire it done.  Dale is coming over now to see about the mower.  Say a prayer!  Also for the storm coming.....again.  Small problems in the scope of life for sure.  I'm cozy, dry, fed and safe....can't really ask for more than that. I hope you are too!
Happy Trails!!! 




13 comments:

  1. Saying a prayer as we speak. I made french toast today having read your post earlier in the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got through the storms just fine....we've been lucky here not even a power loss...I think th eprayers really help! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, that french toast! I never thought to make it with french bread! Love the cheesecake too. Looks very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were both good! I'm not a real 'sweets' person but I like some and this was not overly sweet.

      Delete
  3. Hope you get your mower fixed! I mowed today for the first time. No flowers planted yet maybe this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ended up being a rusty starter wire and it is running again for only $25...whew!

      Delete
  4. BOth the cake and the french toast look so good. I would have been more than happy to visit and have a piece of cake. :-) . I'm sorry about your mower. It's always something isn't it? We finally decided we probably need to have a tree taken down so I need to call around for estimates tomorrow. I love that tree but it's just to close to the neighbors house, ours too but we really worry about the neighbors in case of a windstorm.
    Take care and stay safe.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My neighbor paid and arm an a leg to take a big oak down that would have landed on my house and I am very appreciative! I'm sure your neighbor will be too. I still have to pick up a lot of branches from her other trees but it keeps me in shape...sort of..lol!

      Delete
  5. The French toast looks so good and the cake is picture perfect! WOW! I love having good food to eat...no matter if it's just for one or two. I hope I don't ever get lazy cooking! lol We have a loaf of 7 grain sourdough bread right now...and I thought of you. It's SO good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I want good food I have to cook it as there are no great food places here. Lots of deep fried though! LOL!

      Delete
  6. Oh my that french toast looks really delicious!!! And the cake, well done on the decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trust me....it was easy decorating it....I am no diva when it comes to cake or cookie decorating! LOL! If I can do it anyone can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! You're French toast looks delish!
    I'm going to give your tips a try the next time I make French toast :)
    The flag dessert looks yummy too, and a no bake recipe is always welcome during the busy days of spring/summer.

    Smiles :)
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!