On to a happier topic.............
WIPs (works in progress):
1) Diamond Painting - well.....I have about 4 square inches done....I need to do 4 square inches per day! I am speeding up a bit but like I said this past week was not an easy one...........
2) I did the heel turn and the gusset on sock #2 and I am working my way down the foot......progress!
3) Stitch Maynia #4.........done except for final finishing. I'm not sure why there is blue frosting on the cookies but I went with it...............
4) Stitch Maynia #5.....these are pumpkins even though right now they look like peaches or oranges
Stitching in Doodah is having one using The Blue Flower pattern
Priscilla and Chelsea have several going on
The Fat Quarter Shop has the Flag by the Stitcherhood, A Lori Holt Sewing Machine cross stitch starting in June and then in July there is Jolly July with FQS and Priscilla and Chelsea where you start a Christmas ornament every day in the month of July! How do these people afford all of this? I would love to but I doubt I could get all the materials and patterns.
New Starts Planned: they're all secret! LOL! There is planning a foot!
YOP Goals from last week:
***1. work on sock #2 heel turn
2. audition and cut fabric for Pickle Dish #6 of 11 solid ones
3. trim all completed xs
4. kit up house ornament
5. work on Frida Kahlo basket
***6. work on Stitch Maynia #4 and finish
7. measure Grayson's blanket and keep working on it!
8. plan July gifts to make
***9. Work on Stitch Maynia #5
10. Work on days of the week xs projects
***11. Diamond Painting at least 4-5 square inches
YOP Goals for this coming week:
1. finish sock?
2. audition and cut fabric for Pickle Dish #6
3. measure Grayson's blanket and work on
4. finish stitch Maynia #5
5. work at least 4 square inches on Diamond Painting
6. work on Frida Kahlo basket
7. plan YOP 2019-20
8. plan gifts for July birthdays and Christmas
9. plan SAL's if possible and gather materials
10. final finish a xs item
TOP 10 (or more) WIP's:
1) Pickle Dish
2) Stars and Stripes Saturday - America x-stitch - done but needs finishing
3) Amy's Frido Kahlo basket (July birthday) - done but needs to be sewn together
4) Pin's embroidery
6) C2C blanket for Grayson (July birthday)
7) Monthly Monday - HRH January
8) Witchy Wednesday - Button-Eyed Cat
9) Fall Friday -
10) Santa Sunday -Old St. Nick - done but needs 'finishing' work
11. Turkey Thursday
12. Seasonal Sunday -Summer
13. Santa Sunday - new house ornament
Finishes so far in 2018-19:
1. 4th of July cross stitch pillow/ornie
2. Hitchhiker shawl
3. Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4. Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles for
5. washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6. Iowa Hawkeye hats for Sam and Grayson
7. Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline e) charting a graphghan
8. dishcloth(s)...I need to count them
9. Cubs hat for Uriah
10. 12 days of Christmas Advent gifts
11. Cowl for Ben
12. Cowl for Tracy
13. Cowl for Natalie
14. # 2018 Collectible ornaments for the grands
15. Cowl for me or gift basket
16. 11 scrubbies for gift basket
17. 1 pot handle cover for gift basket
18. Ben's Bear's hat
19. Falling Leaves Scarf
20. Tissue Box Cover - 5 of them!
21. Granny Square Shawl
22. Kathleen Tracy doll quilt
23. Pumpkin Spice Farm xs
24. Spring xs
For podcasts I watched Sandy at the Lakehouse knitting podcast. She's very good and I love her projects but these people must be rolling in it as she buys sweater quantities of hand dyed expensive yarn....I think that's why I stopped watching a lot of those knitters. But she did recommend a movie that she said was really good on Netflix; "Dead Like Me". I think I will binge watch her podcasts and the movie series too.
Here's a little butterfly that was outside my front door. I forget the name of it..........so sweet..............