Sunday, April 28, 2019

YOP Week #46


Finishes:none




 WIPs (works in progress):
1) This week it has been all about Stitch Maynia!  I have cut fabric to size for the projects from the fabric I had, then zigzagged them on my sewing machine and then spent the day today dyeing them.
I am starting a new project each day of May so that is 31........so far I have 18 but I'll make it!  I belong to Priscilla and Chelsea's FB group "Stitching With the Housewives" and in sharing some links with them for free patterns there were several that are sending me duplicates that they have and some are even sending me fabric so I can get to my "31 Projects"...I cannot believe people's generosity.  On top of that, I won Priscilla and Chelsea's drawing from last week!  I was so excited and it is 2 patterns that I love!   I'll be sure and show them when I receive them.
I am sorry it is all about Maynia this week but hopefully once I have everything 'kitted up' it will be smooth sailing.....like that ever happens around here!  
So, here are some photos of what I've been up to and yes, now the house looks like we did have a tornado here!  I found over 31 free xs patterns on designers websites mostly.
These are some of the fabrics I had left from years ago and I purposely chose "smalls" so I could utilize the little scraps I had..............

I used Rit dyes....a few that I had and then used Priscilla and Chelsea's coffee/tea dye procedure.......
this is blue Rit and I will keep it in the frig for later use.........
and yellow............
These I probably should have left alone but instead I put them in the coffee/tea dye too..........

You wet the fabric before you put it in a dye bath of any kind...........plus add lots of salt it helps it retain the color
After they came out of the coffee/tea bath you tuck in the edges and scrunch them up and bake them for 30 minutes at 200 degrees F...................

and there they are................I'm going out to pick them now and they will get ironed at some point but for now I am going to have supper and head to bed! I'm pretty tuckered out........


Acquisitions:
None this week

New Starts Planned: they're all secret! LOL!



YOP Goals from last week:
*1.  work on sock #2
2. audition and cut fabric for Pickle Dish #6 of 11 solid ones
3. trim all completed xs
4. kit up house ornament
5. work on Frida Kahlo basket
6. kit up and start Summer cross stitch
***7. get ready for Stitch Maynia


YOP Goals for this week:
1.  work on sock #2
2. audition and cut fabric for Pickle Dish #6 of 11 solid ones
3. trim all completed xs
4. kit up house ornament
5. work on Frida Kahlo basket
6. kit up and start Summer cross stitch
7. get ready for Stitch Maynia and participate starting May 1st!


TOP 10 (or more) WIP's:

1)  Pickle Dish
2)  Stars and Stripes Saturday - America x-stitch - done but needs finishing
3)  Amy's Frido Kahlo basket (July birthday) - done but needs to be sewn together
4)  Pin's embroidery
5)  socks
6)  C2C blanket for Grayson (July birthday) 
7)  Monthly Monday - HRH January
8)  Witchy Wednesday - Button-Eyed Cat
9)  Fall Friday -
10)  Santa Sunday -Old St. Nick - done but needs 'finishing' work
11.  Turkey Thursday
12.  Seasonal Sunday -Summer
13.  Santa Sunday - new house ornament

 Finishes so far in 2018-19: 
1.  4th of July cross stitch pillow/ornie
2.  Hitchhiker shawl
3.  Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4.  Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles for me Sam
5.  washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6.   Iowa Hawkeye hats for Sam and Grayson
7.  Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline e) charting a graphghan
8.   dishcloth(s)...I need to count them
9. Cubs hat for Uriah
10. 12 days of Christmas Advent gifts
11. Cowl for Ben
12. Cowl for Tracy
13. Cowl for Natalie
14.  # 2018 Collectible ornaments for the grands
15.  Cowl for me or gift basket
16.  11 scrubbies for gift basket
17.  1 pot handle cover for gift basket
18.  Ben's Bear's hat
19.  Falling Leaves Scarf
20.  Tissue Box Cover - 5 of them!
21.  Granny Square Shawl
22.  Kathleen Tracy doll quilt
23.  Pumpkin Spice Farm xs
24.  Spring xs

 Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other YOP'ers are working on.  Plus, stop by here each day to see each new xs project starting May 1st through the 31st!  All will be revealed! LOL! 
Happy Trails!!!


8 comments:

  1. 31 new projects?? My head is swirling!!! You go girrrrl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you supposed to finish all 31 projects in May too? Ot just start them? I bet you have great patterns too. It will be exciting to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 31 projects!!! Good luck with your projects. The dyeing with coffee and tea sounds interesting. I look forward to seeing what you make in May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to see over the coming weeks each of the 31 starts and I love that you've found patterns to match the fabric you have to use it all up. The dying looks interesting and I really love the tea/coffee dye look, this is going to be exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing your fabrics, your dying, and reading about it all, Sam! I have some white and natural colored fabrics to stitch on, but it hadn't occurred to me (before seeing your post) to try dying some for variety. I'm not sure I'm up to it, but at least the idea is in my brain now. :) I can't wait to see all your starts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness you are ambitious! 31 new projects! I've been watching Priscilla and Chelsea for awhile now. The tea and coffee dyed fabric is really pretty.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very exciting? Those sounds like a fabulous undertaking and I am loving seeing all your fabrics hung on the line!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!