Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Taxes and sock knitting.............

Yesterday was all about taxes and it took me the afternoon mostly because of gathering info I needed.  But they're done thanks to Turbo Tax! Plus, I'm getting a refund!  I haven't had a refund in years and years!  I was doing a happy dance!  The reason is because they doubled the standard deduction for single people!  Yippee!  It's not much but it might get me some of that fabric, yarn and xs patterns I've been wanting.  Turbo tax is so easy and for free or the $20 version I use. 
I cut up a beautiful melon I had gotten at the store....expanding my breakfast items.  I had this with some of my homemade sourdough toast and it was a great combo.   I still have to make my taco seasoning and breakfast burritos sometime this week.
My tomato seedlings are getting a bit leggy....I'm wondering if I could put them outside in the shade during the day....it was 87 F today!  Here we go right into summer!  Our last frost is April 30th so I definitely can't leave them out just in case but it's been in the 60's in the mornings.
Today I got out my 'box of socks' to put them away for the summer.  I won't be wearing wool for quite awhile now.......I've always wanted to make 12 pair in a year but so far that has not been the case........after several years I still don't have a dozen.
Here's what I have so far but this has taken several years!  7 pair and there's a blue pair missing and I have no idea where they are....they'll turn up eventually.  Then of course there's the pair I'm working on.......time to order more sock yarn!   The pair that looks white are really my Hudson Bay socks.
I have some cedar blocks that I sand when they stop smelling like cedar and I will throw one in the box with my socks.  What a shame it would be to open it next year and find moth holes!  I would cry for sure!  I got these years ago and you can hang them in your closet or put them in drawers....wherever you feel the need.  Just remember to sand them once in awhile so they keep doing their job!
I'm just about done with the gusset decreases on my sock...I should finish tonight and then it's all down hill from there!  I'm posting it again so my daughter can see it as she is not allowed to look at my YOP posts because of the possibility of  gifts and secret projects in the works for her and other unnamed individuals.
I hope you're having great weather and are getting all your 'chores' done.  Tomorrow is Walmart mostly because I have to go to the vet and get the girls their meds so I might as well go to Walmart as long as I am over that way.  Take care!
Happy Trails!!!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are getting a refund from the government. Always makes for a happy day. I don't think I could do 12 dicks in a year either. They are my project I do to cleanse my mind so trying to make 12 in a year would mean nothing else got made. I have a cedar thing hanging in one of my closets. Thanks for telling me to send it to make it smell again. We don't have moths here (too dang hot) but I love the smell of cedar. Those melons look yummy. We are starting watermelon season here and strawberries too. I love summer fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks really are a great accomplishment and look so neat together. Hope your shopping day goes well. There sure have been a lot of Spring storms roll through! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice box of socks! If you lived up here you would only put them away for a month maybe two:) Getting a storm soon up here:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your temperatures sound heavenly to me :)
    We are having warmer temps, on and off, and tonight there is a possibility of snow...boo!
    I love seeing your socks all stacked up like that. What a sense of accomplishment that must give you, and lots of smiles too.

    Have you ever looked online at Amazon for any of you pet meds?
    Our Rowdy has one for arthritis and I found it for about 50% less online.

    Looking forward to seeing your finished breakfast burritos.
    You are so inspiring with the food you make! Gives me lots of ideas :)

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That melon looks delicious and sounds like a good and healthy breakfast menu with the bread. 87! Our high was only in the low 40's and lots of rain today. Disappointing since my sister arrived for a visit today and I had planned a few outdoor things. Oh well, we'll sit and talk and all will be well.
    I'm off to bed. If I'm missing from blogland for a few days it's because us girls are catching up on all of the sister talk!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!